Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 PM

Default foxwoods wpt 600 stud hi report

Well I played at foxwoods, nothing to brag about came in 120 out of 238, lasted to fifth level, 200/400. The levels where 50 minutes.

The good:
On the spectrum of luck it was more bad than good, but i played good from 4th street on. Six times to a showdown once won with small two pair three way, and twice Aces and Kings alone once with broken straights, hands heads up.

My losses a full house to a higher full house that filled on the river.
Queens up to aces up--foe caught second pair on river
Jakcs up to kings up--foe had no pair on fifth, threes on sixth and kings river
Queens four way--loses to small two pair, had queens to start.

So three hands rivered, one hand needed simplest improvement.

Anyway thats cards the point is i think i played good past fourth street

The bad
I tried to ante steal too much. I think I overrated the players because I wanted to underrate no one, but i would always get one dumb ass caller with threes and nothing to play for but [censored] with the steal by calling. On top of fourth never improved the situation. i didn't pair my big cards or make even a small pair to go with an A kicker, or higher pair would make on board to make me fold. I also think i did them too early, even after two hours, at fifty minute level ur only on the second level. I think i should not even waste with a steal until the sixth level. The clientel of player means there is usually always a caller. How ever the ante structure was such that a steal was 2-1 on ur money, so when u can get 100 for 50 why not. The structure is this:
ante/force small/big
5/10 25/50
10/20 50/100
15/25 100/200
25/50 150/300
25/75 200/400

The ugly:
I had lost the qq that did not catch a second pair, and the hand with the qq up to aa up, so i get them again, raise one caller with a 7 up to my q. 4th i catch an ace he catches an ace, i bet first he doesn't hesitate to call my ace. 5th comes i catch a blank, he gets a 6 i check this time, he bets, and i just think he has aces or the six tripped him up they were live. I took him for a small pair at first but thought if so he would have checked back. Honestly I just broke up wit my girl, lost twice with queens, and just had a bad feeling about playing them again, the italian in me, lol, so i folded. He appeared shocked that I folded, as if he wanted a call but did not show the hand, and i did not ask. Typing it back i should have bet and made a decision from there. Thing was it was then 150/300 i had 1800 left and did not look to it as a 300 bet but a 900 with the action stuck on me. Or i could just run now, i had a bad feeling with the queens. Again this is why it is ugly.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: foxwoods wpt 600 stud hi report

Re: the ugly: bet fifth, fer cryin' out loud. Having checked, don't fold.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: foxwoods wpt 600 stud hi report

last time i played a foxwoods s/8 event i was waiting for a friend to show up and out of boredom played, and had previously been playing 100/200 s/8 for 54 hours straight without sleep and was hallucinating and couldn't even read my own hands lol, so you could have played worse