Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 03:14 PM

Default AA: scary flop and opp donk bets w/short stack behind me lft 2 act

I just sat down and have no stats on opponents.

Can I get some feedback on what to do here?
How often am I
behind?
facing a draw?
or a set?

Just seems like a tough spot to be in.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $133.30
BB: $30.40
UTG: $65.25
Hero (MP): $50.00
CO: $9.40
BTN: $36.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: AA: scary flop and opp donk bets w/short stack behind me lft 2 act

folding is much to weak in this spot.
I raise the flop potsize to $24. But im not shure how to continue. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM

If I pot it then Im pretty much putting both opponents all in since BB has $ 28.4 and other opponent $7.90.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Oh i didnt look at the stack size.
With those small stacks remaining its an easy shove.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:31 PM

Without any reads it's hard to put the villain(s) on an accurate range of hands. I don't think BB's bet into you on the flop is a sign of great strength, I think BB has a hand, but you can't be sure your AA is behind.

I think you need to raise on the flop. BB's pot sized flop bet says "I have a hand don't draw on me", maybe I'm giving them too much credit. I would think something like AQ, KQ are likely. I'm not sure that I can give a good reason for raising however.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM

i don't like it but on draw heavy board for just over half a stack i would reraise and commit myself to the pot.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:46 PM

at first i kinda figured you couldnt get away from this hand. but upon further inspection, this really is a [censored] flop.
after a potsize bet into ap/f raiser, he could have 9T,AJd,QJ,QQ,JJ,88,JTd,8J,flush draws and straight draws, and at worst AQ.
agianst that range, AA is well, just a pair. An overpair sure, but lets not overestimate our hand. it just seems like if he bets full pot on the flop he has to expect you to call often, and at that rate he only has $22 with two more streets of betting in a $18 pot. he has to be trying to get it all in.

it sucks, but maybe a lay down is in order. or maybe peel just to try an ward off the rare bluffs or hit an A
Old 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at first i kinda figured you couldnt get away from this hand. but upon further inspection, this really is a [censored] flop.
after a potsize bet into ap/f raiser, he could have 9T,AJd,QJ,QQ,JJ,88,JTd,8J,flush draws and straight draws, and at worst AQ.
agianst that range, AA is well, just a pair. An overpair sure, but lets not overestimate our hand. it just seems like if he bets full pot on the flop he has to expect you to call often, and at that rate he only has $22 with two more streets of betting in a $18 pot. he has to be trying to get it all in.

it sucks, but maybe a lay down is in order. or maybe peel just to try an ward off the rare bluffs or hit an A

[/ QUOTE ]

He could also have AQ/KQ. I think he has a hand, but not a strong one like a straight or set. I think those hands c/r since he knows you're very likely to bet out. Why would he want to get rid of customers? Really looks like AQ/KQ or possibly QJ and I'd push flop given stack sizes.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:03 PM

With those stacks I'm probably pushing and living with the consequences.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 PM

I agree to pushing with given stack sizes. Its a tough spot with no info on villain, but if he had a monster, I can't reason why he would bet so much, unless he wants to provoke a reraise that will commit you to the pot. IMO it seems as though he is either defending a top pair with A or K kicker or a strong drawing hand and maybe something that beats you like two pair. Seems overplayed for a set.

push all in is my move here