Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 PM

Default tourney hand

Down to last 7 have 11k in chips 1500/3000 level 200 ante 500 bring in. I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the bring in. I raise hoping to pull an ante steal. I get one caller. On fourth I pair my door card 3. I bet the max. Thinking he would fold to a raiser who just paired his door card. He caught a K on fourth. He takes a while to make a move--this is on ultimatebet--and then raises me back to which I fold. He had made kings.

I think the only right play i made was the double bet on fouth dealing with the situation. He really considered folding, he had about 8k in chips when hand started. But maybe I just should have bet the bring in and got out once there was action? Do I play that hand at that point with a very small pair and three to a flush?

my last hand with 6k at same level, i get dealt 6A6, raised to me. I reraise and get just the raiser. I ended up all in by fourth against a higher pair. I did not improve. Is this a hand to go all in with?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: tourney hand

I assume that you're already in the money. I would bring it in for the minimum and I wouldn't necessarily fold if someone raised. You've got a legitimate hand there, and people are going to be raising light. As played, I'd bet double on fourth, and I wouldn't fold to his raise. He's almost all-in. You're about a 3:2 dog at this point, and you're getting much better pot odds than that. If you win, you've got a bit more breathing room. And it's not like he has to have Kings.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 AM

I assume you were low man in chips and not in a position to move up any spots by folding?

If so I would have played the 3's with a 3 flush trying to double up to 22K in chips. You are only about a 3:2 dog against Ks. In any case it's late, and you have to take a stand sooner or later. I like to take one when I can get some chips if I hit.

The 66A is an automatic play (any pair would be) with just 6K left.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 AM

Hero started with 11k in chips. Other guy started with 8k.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero started with 11k in chips. Other guy started with 8k.

[/ QUOTE ]

1,400 in antes, he ends up with 20,500 or so, no dif in the play.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:50 AM

I dont ante steal with bring-in much unless the table is very tight passive.
Under 4BB, taking a shot with 6a6 is not bad. I might fold only if the remaining players were wild enough that folding improves finishing position.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 AM

Missed the bust-out hand. What was the other guy's up-card? How likely do you think it is that the other guy is raising without a pair? That's a reasonable hand to get all-in with, but I'd prefer to be the initial raiser.