Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Trips gone wrong

I also recommend a fold on 3rd, but as played I think it would be better to bet out on 4th and hope to get raised by a pair of aces than to try to suck everyone in with a check-raise. Trip 2s is a very vulnerable hand, and would be better to play it as shorthanded as possible.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:52 PM

I agree with trips being vulnerable, but in these donkaments players peel 4th with horrible hands on the time so betting 4th may not thin the field much and may stop other hands from betting.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:34 AM

As the panel has pointed out, third is a ridiculously easy fold. Even if it was only one bet instead of two, you should probably get out. Read 7CS4AP. Puke.

I'd probably just bet out on fourth. Having checked, when it's three bets back to you, I'd be a little concerned that maybe I didn't have the best hand. I'm not suggesting that you fold or anything, and if these guys are complete idiots, then capping is fine.

I'm pretty sure that I've never check/four-bet in my life. If I did, I wouldn't expect a check-raise to work on the next street. Having check-raised and seen 7QK three-bet, you might want to take a step back. You have a paired door card and have been playing aggressively. He doesn't seem to care. He should have a set. Now it wouldn't surprise me if it were two pair or even less, but I would slow down here. When he makes an open pair on sixth, a full house is possible--with many opponents, probable. I'm not suggesting that you fold, but I think that raising is pretty spewy. Unless this guy was a known imbecile, I wouldn't even raise after filling.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 AM

its also a tournament. I mean this is a very bad play in a cash game with all that raising, but for a tournament. You obviously have not heard of the GAP theory