Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Miracles in Islam

A comment in another thread sent me searching for miracles in other religions. The Q'uran and Islam is loaded.
It's a younger religion and maybe that explains why they still get miracles occurring what seems like daily. Not only that but apparently the Q'uran predicted virtually all our scientific knowledge... including Schroedinger's Cat.

Impressive. They seem to have 10 clear Allah pictures for every Oreo cookie with a blurry Mary.
I'm sure christians must feel like the neglected elder sister with all that going on in Islam. That may explain their being so 'edgy' these days.

luckyme
Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Miracles in Islam

Most Christians don't follow Islam so I doubt they feel left out...The bible says to focus on Christ and his teachings...
Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most Christians don't follow Islam so I doubt they feel left out...The bible says to focus on Christ and his teachings...

[/ QUOTE ]

But the Q'uran is based on newer miracles, rather how the New Testament fine-tuned the old testament and changed a lot of it's claims to allegory and meaningful only in the ancient days. So, we know god cleans up every so often.
Why wouldn't christians look at this active, miracle-laden religion, that recognizes the existence of jesus, as the latest draft.

Sure, the bible says focus on christ, but before christ it said to focus on moses. God keeps updating, and Islam sure seems to fit the process, every so often he sends a new messenger/teacher/prophet.

Christians point to old miracles, muslims point to newer and even current ones. The sites are amazing with color pictures of trees, clouds, fish, almost anything you can think of with a message on it.

If everyone took your attitude the new testament wouldn't have been accepted. As a theist, shouldn't a person be on the lookout for new messages? He's sent them before.

luckyme
Old 09-21-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But the Q'uran is based on newer miracles, rather how the New Testament fine-tuned the old testament and changed a lot of it's claims to allegory and meaningful only in the ancient days. So, we know god cleans up every so often.
Why wouldn't christians look at this active, miracle-laden religion, that recognizes the existence of jesus, as the latest draft.

Sure, the bible says focus on christ, but before christ it said to focus on moses. God keeps updating, and Islam sure seems to fit the process, every so often he sends a new messenger/teacher/prophet.

Christians point to old miracles, muslims point to newer and even current ones. The sites are amazing with color pictures of trees, clouds, fish, almost anything you can think of with a message on it.

If everyone took your attitude the new testament wouldn't have been accepted. As a theist, shouldn't a person be on the lookout for new messages? He's sent them before.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is so backwards its comical.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is so backwards its comical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the time-line is reversed or ?
People do convert to Islam from christianity and I wonder if it isn't influenced by this 'modernization of the belief' approach. Christians did convert from Judaism on the 'News' view also. So it's certainly not unique.
I haven't been a christian for quite a while so I'm not sure how I would dismiss the Islamic update claim.

luckyme
Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 PM

This thread has raised a fascinating thought that I hope does not get lost beneath a sea of stubborn vitriol.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:02 PM

totally agree luckyme... islam is christianity 2.0

anyone see that discovery channel show where like muslims stabbed themselves in the head with knives or something and it like didnt hurt and then like the scientist guy tried it too and it didnt hurt him either so he converted?

it was pretty sweet.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM

oh and then he poked a hole in his cheek while he was hooked up to all this equipment, and like it healed really fast.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
totally agree luckyme... islam is christianity 2.0

anyone see that discovery channel show where like muslims stabbed themselves in the head with knives or something and it like didnt hurt and then like the scientist guy tried it too and it didnt hurt him either so he converted?

it was pretty sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I'm starting a list of people I want to do that to.

luckyme
Old 09-22-2007, 02:00 AM

I have a book called "Muslim Saints and Mystics" which is a translation of a noted Muslim scholar. Miracles of all kinds are frequently attributed to the saints.