Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Default sometimes i play bad on purpose

UTG open limps, I complete JTo SB, BB checks

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checks through

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, bet, fold, I call

River J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check he bets and I raise ready to fold to a 3-bet
---------------------------------------------------------
Also -

3 handed and BB is one of those "so sick i'm gonna complain in the chatbox" type. Button is a [censored].

Button opens, I 3-bet K9o, BB cold caps, buttons calls and I fold. Just kidding I call.

Flop is Kxx

Checks through.

Turn K, I bet, BB raises, this is always AK right? Always as in "not AK enough to just call down" right?

Both x's were like 7 and 4 or something no Q/J/T/9(obv)
Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: sometimes i play bad on purpose

The thing I dislike the most is the plan to fold to a 3-bet on the river.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:58 AM

I'd bet the turn in hand 1. There's no guarantee someone is gonna bet the turn for you and it sucks to see it getting checked through again. And yeah don't fold the river.

Hand2, yeah 3bet.

edit: I'd bet the flop too in hand 1
Old 06-14-2007, 10:13 AM

I suggest bet Flop in Hand 1 because most players i play are passive especially guys who limp UTG are not going to bet A4 here.

2cd Hand is AK like never, it smore likely a set or a Big Ace ...suppose....
Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 PM

i like the turn ck in hand 1, bb bets ATC almost 100% of the time here and if he doesnt the limper often takes a stab or vbs some worse hand

i usually ck the flop in hand 1 as well, the limper always seems to bet when ck'd to in my games. were u going to cr or just ck call?

i thikn u should just cr the turn tho he checks behind weak PPs and 4x worse Ts alot on the river, so when u get to the river and he bets ur not as strong as u were before against his range but I dont think we can not cr? I think if u get 3bet u dont win enough to call but whatever i wont argue that, it kind of comes down to a read i suppose, but almost noone 3bets TPGK here (altho y wouldnt u cr the turn with trips or better or raise TT JJ pre?) vs the river cr and those kind of hands dont usually limp even utg.

hand 2 i duno why the capper would ck this flop? would he ever cap 77 or lower here? and is the board K74 or K44/ K77, im guessing K74? I also dont know why he would raise the turn her with QQ rather than go for an overcall, the guy behind is never folding a hand that beats QQ and at best he hsa 3 outs with Ax which probably wont even call one turn bet so no point in raising. I guess whether i go into CD mode or 3bet depends on how i think hes likely to spew and how i interpret his capping range (if sets arent possible 3betting is better obviously), and his flop ck (whether honest or suspicious) and whether i know he can never fold TT here even after I 3bet the turn. so couple criteria there for me i guess.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM

what is ATC
Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is ATC

[/ QUOTE ]
any two cards
Old 06-14-2007, 01:35 PM

I am showing down both these hands unless the botton makes it 2 to go in hand 2.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:51 PM

hand 2 the censored word describing him means i would go like 15 bets vs. button on that turn.

Not showing down in hand 2 is not really my question but I dunno the last like 15 times someone has checked the flop they have raised my turn bet. People are slowplaying top pair vs. me a lot and when he pops that turn i'm really only 3-betting a fullhouse.

But maybe I should go off to my room to write that hit single, "alone in my principles".

Hand 1 I can see all lines making sense and this is one i really don't take too often, see post title. What I didn't like was i had no read and he plays a 6 the same way. I was pretty sure he onl 3-bets a better hand on the river though because my hand is so wtf.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From OP
Turn K, I bet, BB raises, this is always AK right? Always as in "not AK enough to just call down" right?
From last post.
Not showing down in hand 2 is not really my question but I dunno the last like 15 times someone has checked the flop they have raised my turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your OP I thought you were asking whether you should get to showdown.