Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

78, a birdie, 2 bogeys and 3 doubles in a 25 MPH wind.

Still cant put it together.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 PM

I shot 89 on Sunday at Langston, a par-72 dirt track in DC. My best score ever by like six strokes, which is weird, considering this is maybe my seventh round in the last two seasons, after a four-year hiatus from golf.

I also hit the first three four-irons I've hit in six or seven years, and they were all beautiful.

It probably should have been an 86 or 87, too. I hit all four par-threes in one, but I three-putt three of them (and putting is usually my strength -- just need to remember to take my time), and I also missed a two-footer.

Still, I was obviously pleased.

EDIT: to put it in perspective, my earlier rounds this year were 100 and 112 (in torrential rain) at another muni in DC, East Potomac, which isn't partcularly tough.

-McGee
Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 PM

Just shot 34 (-1) w/ 9 putts, I started double bogey, bogey and birdied the last 4 in.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Lifetime best today. 72 on a par 71 course.

I played the back nine in two over par with 18 putts, two lipped out. I felt I was putting well, but I just could not make anything. For once though I did not let that get into my head on the tees and fairways. I just kept playing my game. BTW, I did have a 15-footer for birdie at 18 for an even par round...and I choked on that one a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Have not shot golf in 2 years since I was on the golf team. Spent over $1000 on clubs and just gave it up.
I went wednesday and shot an 82 at one of the hardest courses in the area. I was really happy, I drove the ball decent and putted great. Found the water a couple times though. I guess I gave up golf because it costed $48 for 18 holes. When I played for a team we got it free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 04:29 PM

Played my favorite course recently, Farm Neck on Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The course you saw Clinton beat up when he vacationed there. It's tough but you can score there...I think, I've never broke 100 in about 8 rounds (22 hdcp).

Perfect conditions, cool with no wind (rare as many holes are on the ocean), practically noone on the course -- I shoot a 112.

My wife, perhaps out of pity or just to get me out of her hair, allows me to play the next day. Far from perfect conditions, crowded course, wind whipping. But I'm striking the ball well for the first time ever playing there. 44 on the front.

I let my excitement at finally breaking 100 get the best of me on the back. A quad on a par 3 and a 10 on a par 5. But throw 2 birdies in the mix and I shot a 52 for a 96 to finally get that monkey off my back.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:42 AM

Ugh. Shot even par less than a week ago, only to shoot a 90 today, on a relatively easy course. Five doubles, a triple, seven pars, and eight penalty strokes. My short game is the only thing that stopped the flood gates.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:54 AM

Shot a 47(Par 37)+46=93 today. However, I was stroking the ball very well! My score is not indicative of how I played. I exploded on 3 holes and if I didn't I could have easily shot mid 80's.

I had a great flop shot over a 20 foot tree that landed within 5 feet of the whole. I had some awesome short game shots all day. I haven't broken 90 yet but I can tell I'm getting very close! GOOD TIMES! I just broke 100 for the first time 2 months ago.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:44 PM

God help me, I'm going to play The Bridges today. (White tees are 71.9/142) [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 09:25 PM

My first time actually playing 18 holes today. Decent public course here in ohio. Par 72, I shot an 87. 43 on front, 44 on back. Pretty happy overall, left a few strokes out there though...