Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: I used to snap call here. Didn\'t I?

[ QUOTE ]

wtf, this getting as bad as hsnl with the advice. moss and dan, please think before posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the bad advice yad. next time I promise I will not think like a robot.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:38 AM

np moss. good luck with that.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 AM

I think the bet looks a little to big. Snap call no, call yes.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:01 AM

if you don't really have an established image and no history w/ this guy i don't really like this line (mostly pf call, lesser extent a river call, flop call being marginal). if you know for a fact AJ and AQ is in his 3betting range and he's an active player i still think pf is kinda bad, but flop would be good, and a river call would still probably be pretty close but sway to a call.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:04 AM

oh, and if 77-99 are in his range that definitely does not mean that ATs, KQ, and QJs are in his range.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:24 AM

This thread is hilarious ...

Yad, pf call is not good. LOL at you being "ahead" of his range with 55 when he reraises your UTG raise. Unless he is retarded, this isn't true.

And stop acting so [censored] condescending.

If he is good, he'll be value betting JJ+ on the river easily. If stacks were a little deeper, c/r ai would be sick.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find the responses here really interesting. I often play pretty robotically and don't tangle like this -- just fold whenver I miss. but i feel like when i AM playing well, i am often mixing it up in all sorts of marginal spots like this (but calling the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are remembering those marginal spots when you called and picked off a bluff, but forgot that you actually had a reason or a read for doing so. I'm 16/11 and I make plays like that all the time, but there is always a purpose behind it even when I'm wrong. Thinking you are ahead of his range on the flop and river here just looks like FPS and spew.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:25 AM

lol @ this thread

if you have been away for a while and are unsure of yourself why are you being so condescending to a chorus of intelligent replies

put yourself in his shoes, it looks exactly like you have a medium strength hand that wants to showdown, and he bet anyway... villains line is v standard for an overpair on that board
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 AM

I like the preflop call. You raised UTG in a 6-handed game and he 3-bet from MP. That indicates a huge amount of strength. I think his range is comprised of QQ-AA/AK. 55 plays very well postflop against this tight range because we can play for set value and stack the majority of his range.

It may seem contradictory, but I would fold this preflop if villian had a loose 3-betting range. The tighter the range of the 3-better the bigger the raise I can handle.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the preflop call. You raised UTG in a 6-handed game and he 3-bet from MP. That indicates a huge amount of strength. I think his range is comprised of QQ-AA/AK. 55 plays very well postflop against this tight range because we can play for set value and stack the majority of his range.

It may seem contradictory, but I would fold this preflop if villian had a loose 3-betting range. The tighter the range of the 3-better the bigger the raise I can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

baluga theorum yo