Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Default LO8 - AAQ2 with suited ace UTG

First of all, sorry about raw HH. This is from a HORSE game on FTP, and I can't find a converter that understands it.

My read is that the villain here is excruciatingly bad. He overrates hands, and does not ever fold. He pays off like no tomorrow. In hold em he pays with like fourth pair, and in razz he went into the tank on the river and called with a king low hand. That said, he plays too erratic for me to know what he is holding.

Speaking of erratic, I felt that I played this great starting hand rather erratic as well. I want help with all streets.

Preflop: Should I raise here with this hand when I'm UTG or limp to make a big pot? I decided to raise to keep the high value of my aces. Cap preflop? I don't know why I didn't cap - probably because I find omaha8 hard and don't know what to do in a big pot postflop.

Flop: I feel this is most likely a pretty good flop for me, so I bet right out. Given my read however I am sure he will bet out no matter what, so I should just go for a cr? Or should I c/c and c/r a safe turn?

Turn: ...

River: I felt here that there is more value to c/calling a bet than there is to b/c or b/f.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4260613288: Table St Annes - $5/$10 - Limit Omaha H/L - 13:14:30 ET - 2007/11/22
Seat 1: douchebag Rick ($101.75)
Seat 2: roggles ($105)
Seat 3: shizzle102 ($219)
Seat 4: TripleHelix6 ($336.50)
Seat 5: action scratch ($295.95)
Seat 6: KaiserHorst ($526.75)
Seat 7: hittinghard ($131.75)
Seat 8: golf5050 ($101.75)
golf5050 posts the small blind of $2.50
douchebag Rick posts the big blind of $5
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to roggles [Qd Ad Ah 2c]
roggles raises to $10
shizzle102 folds
TripleHelix6 folds
action scratch folds
KaiserHorst raises to $15
hittinghard folds
golf5050 folds
douchebag Rick folds
roggles calls $5
*** FLOP *** [Th 9c 9d]
roggles bets $5
KaiserHorst calls $5
*** TURN *** [Th 9c 9d] [2h]
roggles bets $10
shizzle102 stands up
KaiserHorst calls $10
*** RIVER *** [Th 9c 9d 2h] [Jd]
roggles checks
KaiserHorst has 15 seconds left to act
KaiserHorst bets $10
roggles calls $10
Old 11-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: LO8 - AAQ2 with suited ace UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Should I raise here with this hand when I'm UTG or limp to make a big pot?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Roggles - Seems a coin flip to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: I feel this is most likely a pretty good flop for me, so I bet right out.

[/ QUOTE ]It's a good flop for you if KaiserHorst doesn't have a nine! I'd tend to bet more on the flop than you did, but given your description of your opponent, betting as you did seems fine. Then when KaiserHorst calls, you have to wonder.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ...

[/ QUOTE ]I have no idea what to tell you here. It's simply between KaiserHorst and you. Does he have a nine or not?

[ QUOTE ]
River: I felt here that there is more value to c/calling a bet than there is to b/c or b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]Given your description, he's going to bet if you don't. And then when he donk bets, you're getting ~6.5 to 1 to call, so of course it's an easy call. But it's tough to raise. Now he could either have a nine or he could have picked up a straight.

Buzz
Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd tend to bet more on the flop than you did, but given your description of your opponent, betting as you did seems fine.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to nitpick your analysis, Buzz, but you must have some magic tricks for limit games unavailable to us lowly commoners.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:44 AM

Sorry Damocles - "I'd tend to bet more on the flop than you did" doesn't make any sense to me either.

Thanks for catching my error.

My apologies.

I would tend to bet this flop also, just as Ruggles did. It's a good flop for Hero if KaiserHorst doesn't have a nine. And KaiserHorst is at least unlikely to have a nine.

Then when KaiserHorst just calls, he's hard to figure. You would not expect him to fold a hand with a nine after a flop with two nines.

Thus if he folds, he doesn't have a nine.

However, the opposite is not true. He does not necessarily have a nine if he continues.

But then you have to wonder why he would continue without a nine.

At any rate, Roggles played the hand exactly as I would have played it.

Buzz
Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to nitpick your analysis, Buzz, but you must have some magic tricks for limit games unavailable to us lowly commoners.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, he does, that's why he's Buzz! ldo! heh, you should ask him for his articles.