Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 AM

Default WTF News - August

This month gets kicked off with not only a gigantic WTF, but also a potentially serious Public Service Announcement.

Fisher-Price to recall almost a million toys worldwide because of lead in paint

I may be a little more sensitive to these things lately, but gimme a break! Someone somewhere knew that this paint had too much lead, was going on childrens toys, yet it was still ok to continue into production.
This person should be considered in that death penalty thread....

[ QUOTE ]
"Anytime a company brings a banned hazardous product into the U.S. marketplace, especially one intended for children, it is unacceptable"

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-06-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: WTF News - August

Well here's a strange story. It's about a former MIT professor and very successful CEO who is suspected of shooting himself in order to frame his son. Now who would do that? So I start to read up on the guy and come to find out his daughter has even accused him of sexual abuse. It reminded me a little of the film we've been discussing in our DVD club, Festen. These families with their dark secrets, geeez.

Donovan, now 65, said his assailants were two masked men. But Massachusetts authorities say the business consultant shot himself with a plan to pin the crime on his son, with whom he had been locked in a long-running dispute over real estate.
"This is motivated by the defendant's desire for revenge on his eldest son as well as an attempt to gain an advantage ... in various lawsuits the defendant is engaged in," said Adrienne Lynch, Massachusetts assistant attorney general, in her opening statements in state superior court in Cambridge on Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070806/...Vd7Z8CiNCs0NUE

So I suppose at the time of the shooting no one thought to test his hands for gun residue. Hmm.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 AM

A religious cleric in Egypt has issued a fatwa that decrees that whilst men and women cannot share offices in case of impropriety, it is okay under Islamic law if the woman allows the man to breastfeed for a short time, as this fosters a non-sexual relationship.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...5034319C480927

I am appalled, mainly because there are no women around here I want to breastfeed from.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am appalled, mainly because there are no women around here I want to breastfeed from.

[/ QUOTE ]

You poor thing. Are there any women at all in your office with whom you could breastfeed? Me thinks you're getting a little too picky.

This part made me laugh,

[ QUOTE ]
Egyptian Religious Affairs Minister Mahmoud Zaqzouq said on Monday that fatwas "should be compatible with logic and human nature."

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's try to keep our fatwas compatible with logic, people.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 AM

Human-Animal Embryos approved...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6978384.stm

W......T.......F........?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM

"Hey, I'm tellin ya the pig-man is alive. The government has been experimenting with pig-men since the fifties."
Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 PM