Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Theory Q, playing against a bunch of nits

Lately, I've been finding myself playing a lot on tables with 4 guys with stats like 18/9/4 or 15/7/3 (6max of course). I know the best thing would be to have better table selection, but the site I'm playing on right now doesn't allow me to.

So, how do you beat this kind of table. Preflop, I think it's pretty easy. You raise a lot, try to push them around and expect to get paid with top hands.

The part that gets more complicated is postflop in my opinion. By raising marginal hands, you flop marginal hands. Since we know that our villain has a very narrow range, his chance of having a better hand at this point is very good. Also, since we've been pushing him around, he's not gonna give us a lot of credit.

Knowing that, our chances of successfully winning the pot right there with a continuation bet is decreased a lot. But then again, you can't just use the cb when you make a hand and check when you don't, villain may be a nit but he's probably not that stupid.

I know all this probably doesn't sound clear at all, but my question is how do you adjust your play postflop when playing somewhat loose on a very tight table.

*** I may try to clarify my question if you don't understand it... my english isn't perfect!!! ***
Old 06-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Theory Q, playing against a bunch of nits

They simply aren't making as many huge errors as complete fish. Thus, your winrate vs. them is much smaller.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Theory Q, playing against a bunch of nits

Study their postflop play looking for areas to exploit.