Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Mykonos (and other Greek Islands) Advice?

This summer I'm going to be spending a week in the Greek islands. Right now I've got (tentatively) planned 2 nights in Mykonos, 1 night in Santorini, and 2 nights in Ios. I've got another night or two that I can add somewhere in there (at the expense of Athens), haven't decided where yet.

- Where would be the best place to add that extra night, based on best nightlife/girls?

- Where's the best place to stay in Mykonos? Options seem to include a hotel in Mykonos town, a hotel 20-30 minutes walk along the beach from Mykonos town, just showing up and getting a room from someone at the dock (is this possible during the summer when it's crowded?), or a wooden shack at Paradise Beach (the cheapest). I can't figure out which area of the island is the best.

- Am I skipping any place that I should be seeing?
Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Mykonos (and other Greek Islands) Advice?

I went to Mykonos, Santorini, and assorted other islands in late March 10 years ago. at that time, hotels were no problem, but I would doubt that is true at any peak time.

Mykonos is an awesome party island + has a beautiful town, Ios is even crazier, Santorini has stunning natural beauty.

my lasting memory of Mykonos is a place lined with bottles of JD that also served pancakes.

my memory of Santorini is drinking tequila shots at this bar on the water and hucking the shot glasses into the Mediterranean after.

anywho, I think being close to partying is worth the walk to the beach in Mykonos. stay in the town, it's really cool.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Mykonos (and other Greek Islands) Advice?

Lesbos ftw.