Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: The \"Real\" Top 12 Results

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I would not be surprised at all if the producers decided to get creative with the bottom 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think they would risk a scandal that would destroy the show [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The list could be bogus but the information this guy has provided thus far has been 100% spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. This list shows cheating in the reported bottom three and several improbable results.

I suspect someone just got fired.

Why should AI management tolerate these continuous leaks? I wouldn't be surprised if this ridiculous list was a deliberate plant, with different AI employees receiving different versions. Whichever version winds up on the internet identifies the mole.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I would not be surprised at all if the producers decided to get creative with the bottom 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think they would risk a scandal that would destroy the show [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the AI website:

What's being done about power dialing?
Production will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified 'power dialing' votes.

This seems to give the producers some leeway if vote totals are close together. I'm sure the lowest vote getter is always booted off. But if 4-5 people were close to the bottom, it seems like the producers could be flexible with the other two Bottom 3 spots in order to influence voters. Just saying it's possible, that's all.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems to give the producers some leeway if vote totals are close together. I'm sure the lowest vote getter is always booted off. But if 4-5 people were close to the bottom, it seems like the producers could be flexible with the other two Bottom 3 spots in order to influence voters. Just saying it's possible, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the public perceives that the bottom three presentation is rigged they will lose all faith in the voting. Maybe you can make some subtle distinction between rigging the bottom three and rigging the actual loser but almost no one else can. The public will just assume the whole thing is fixed if they find out.

If I'm willing to tamper with the results I know a sure-fire way to get Haley off the show next week. Tampering with the bottom three to make her fan base complacent is just nuts.

It's possible they have lost all perspective and are risking their whole business to accomplish something unimportant, but that's not the way to bet.

Besides, if it happened we wouldn't know about it. About four inside people would know the truth and the leaker wouldn't be one of them. Everyone else would have received a bogus list that matched the actual results show.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if this ridiculous list was a deliberate plant, with different AI employees receiving different versions. Whichever version winds up on the internet identifies the mole.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been watching too much 24 or some other kind of TV show. Either way, I agree with everything else you've said. I really can't imagine why they would manipulate the bottom 3 unless there are "illegal" votes being thrown out.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if this ridiculous list was a deliberate plant, with different AI employees receiving different versions. Whichever version winds up on the internet identifies the mole.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been watching too much 24 or some other kind of TV show. Either way, I agree with everything else you've said. I really can't imagine why they would manipulate the bottom 3 unless there are "illegal" votes being thrown out.

[/ QUOTE ]

could easily be the real vote totals before votes are thrown out, no harm in that.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could easily be the real vote totals before votes are thrown out, no harm in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would also explain the sanjaya difference - he probably has a higher % of autodialer votes than anyone, right?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:14 PM

Maybe this is just variance, but I tried voting for both Blake and LaKisha several times after the East coast show. I got through every time I dialed Blake, but got a busy signal every time I dialed LaKisha. So I would be surprised if Blake were ahead of LaKisha.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The list could be bogus but the information this guy has provided thus far has been 100% spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon NoChance. you don't relly think that AI is rigged, do you? You think a message board guy would have access to information that would bring the entire credibility of the show down? AI has no reason to lie about bottom 3, but a HUGE reason not to lie.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon NoChance. you don't relly think that AI is rigged, do you? You think a message board guy would have access to information that would bring the entire credibility of the show down? AI has no reason to lie about bottom 3, but a HUGE reason not to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if AI rigged or not, but Cowell's X Factor program in the UK has faced similar charges of tampering with the results.