Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: The Police - ON TOUR

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has bought tickets, did you join the "fan club?" Was it a good idea / necessary? There hasn't been an announcement for Chicago yet, and I'd like to put together a plan of attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Philly was not sold via Ticketmaster (it was Comcast). I got a pre-sale announcement from Comcast and bought my tickets. All the floor seats were up for auction so I decided to just sit in the stands.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has bought tickets, did you join the "fan club?" Was it a good idea / necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]
I joined and got 4 tix via the fanclub presale and then got 2 more tix via the public sale for the August 3 show at Madison Square Garden. There's been a lot of controversy and disappointment in the fanclub about the quantity and quality of tickets that were set aside for the presale. Like the old Catskills joke, the seats were crappy and there weren't enough of them. On the other hand, if you're not expert with your Ticketmaster ordering skills, you have a better chance of getting tickets via the presale than via the public sale. The public sale sold out in like 2 minutes and I had to scramble like mad to get those 2 tickets. But whereas the very best top dollar tickets I could get in the fanclub presale were far loge seats, I was able to score (even more expensive) middle floor seats in the public sale. So there are definite tradeoffs.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Woo-hoo.

Just got my tickets for their Jun 30 show in New Orleans.

Didn't want to pay so much for floor, especially with the chances of being in the very back of the floor or something which is still kinda sucky.

I'm fairly low in the stands but I'm way to the side of the stage...practically behind it.
I can't remember seeing a concert from that angle before. But even awkward side-stage like that is closer and hopefully better than the nose-bleeds way in the back.

Recently saw the Rolling Stones in concet in Memphis and we were in the upper-section pretty far away and it just didn't seem so great to me so I decided to take a chance with the side-stageish tickets.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM

I got 2 floor tickets, 8 rows back from the stage for the second Denver show. I can't wait.