Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Valentine\'s Day plans/suggestions thread

I will be doing Valentine's day thing a week early, so that it will be a surprise. I hate this artificial holiday, but love my girlfriend, so if anyone deserves something special it is her.

She has class late that day, so when she gets home I will have the place cleaned spotless, and have a little dinner ready, as well as her present...a kitten. (See previous thread). Kitten will be hidden and I will just give her a card that has a PetsMart gift card in it. She is fairly intelligent and will begin to think about getting a kitten, but probably won't know that I have it. Then the big reveal.

Also, probably the easiest thing ever, costs $5 and takes ten minutes is to make chocolate covered strawberries. Pair them up with some champagne and you're all set, she will be happy. (plus they're delicious)
Old 01-29-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm also going to do the cooking, wine & candles thing, and I'm looking forward to it.

I really can't cook to save my life, so it's going to be entertaining. I'll have a great dessert ready, so that should make up for any severely mistreated food.

Oh, and we're married for about a year now and it still seems like the most fun way to spend vday together. I'll make sure to post an update on that statement in 10 years' time. Watch this thread.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how much you and her drink, you might want more than one bottle. Nothing sucks more than having a great night and wanting just another glass or two, and having nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd think it was weird if somebody brought over more than 1 bottle for 2 ppl. Maybe if you were cooking with it I'd understand, but it just looks alcoholic to double-fist wine with dinner.

I'm not even saying you're wrong about wanting more; if she had another bottle around the house it'd be reasonable to open it over the course of the night. But I think one bottle is fine when you're bringing-over dinner ingredients.
-Sam
Old 01-29-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd think it was weird if somebody brought over more than 1 bottle for 2 ppl. Maybe if you were cooking with it I'd understand, but it just looks alcoholic to double-fist wine with dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. If you ever really want to bring 2 and make it natural, bring a white & red and say you weren't sure what she'd prefer.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:55 PM

The girl says she knows a nice restraunt downtown, so i think we'll have a few glasses of wine then go there for a steak dinner then head back to her place.

She's got a hottub as well so if i get it all in the right order i'm pretty sure i can get fondling, especially if i get her just drunk enough. Then we'll probably head inside, she likes to dance, so i'll probably stick some soft rock on and see where it goes from there..
Old 01-29-2007, 03:02 PM

awww yeah!!

that got posted last year, I just wish there was one by me so I could do it!

Anyway, I aint doing [censored] for valentines day. My GF doesnt like the holiday, so I dont have to do anything retarded and mushy
Old 01-29-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My GF doesnt like the holiday

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, this is a highly desirable quality in a woman.

-McGee
Old 01-29-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I aint doing [censored] for valentines day. My GF doesnt like the holiday, so I dont have to do anything retarded and mushy

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the time this is a lie. It means "I've had bad valentine's days in the past so want to pretend it's no big deal but I would love it if you would do something special for me". BTW it doesn't have to be retarded or mushy.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the time this is a lie. It means "I've had bad valentine's days in the past so want to pretend it's no big deal but I would love it if you would do something special for me". BTW it doesn't have to be retarded or mushy.

[/ QUOTE ]

prolly true, but my GF is definitely in the 1% here.

heh, I should post this in BBV
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

prolly true, but my GF is definitely in the 1% here.

heh, I should post this in BBV

[/ QUOTE ]

If she doesn't care about New Year's either then I'm in love!