Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Might be lossing my Job , but know interviewee. Whats my play?

your snap judgment is pretty far off.

I can't spell nor am I a grammar wiz.(my hand writing is as bad as it comes too) I know this. Luckily for me I don't have to prove this when I speak [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Anyone who knows me personally will tell you that. It's hard to prove on a board I guess when the thing that I am the most deficient in is the thing that I am primarily going to be judged by around here.

FWIW I am also dyslexic
Old 10-24-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF Shajen! Since when did you start posting useful advice without at least some level of ridicule and mockery?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

shajen [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your snap judgment is pretty far off.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was pretty much my point.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't spell nor am I a grammar wiz.(my hand writing is as bad as it comes too) I know this. Luckily for me I don't have to prove this when I speak [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Anyone who knows me personally will tell you that. It's hard to prove on a board I guess when the thing that I am the most deficient in is the thing that I am primarily going to be judged by around here.

FWIW I am also dyslexic

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, it's just a stupid message board and worrying about proper grammar isn't important. I swear I'm not a grammar nit either.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Killa,

do nothing with the info, except keep it in the back of your head.

Bust your ass, or at least show a marked improvement or you will be gone.

DO IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right.

But, if your offices have windows, you can casually say something like, "Hey, was XXX here today? Man, I used to work with him. XXX and computers was like combining plutonium and North Korea..." to your boss.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Might be losing my Job , but know interviewee. Whats my play?

I pretty much agree that you should do or say nothing to your boss except to show that you care and are willing to work hard.

I would, however, update my resume, put it out on the street and do some networking. Sort of like a preemptive strike. And if you dont find anything better before (if?)you get the axe at least you will have a head start on your job search.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:41 PM

teabag all parties.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I am also dyslexic

[/ QUOTE ]
POTS GNIKCUF DNUORA DNA TEG KCAB OT KROW!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I am also dyslexic

[/ QUOTE ]
POTS GNIKCUF DNUORA DNA TEG KCAB OT KROW!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you
Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, if your offices have windows, you can casually say something like, "Hey, was XXX here today? Man, I used to work with him. XXX and computers was like combining plutonium and North Korea..." to your boss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats the thing, the reception desk is down a floor. But I can make my way past it if I needed to and it wouldn't look suspicious. But the minds of OOT seem to think just keeping it to my self and trying to improve is the way to go. I don't disagree. But I still wonder if I should blow there spot.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:13 AM

**TLR ,also Grammar and Spelling Nits please stop here and go to another thread.**

updating this thread.

Summary from before is that I thought I might be loosing my job because I am a lazy unmotivated [censored].

Well I finally talked to my boss last Friday regarding the issue. He informed me that when the COO, Him and myself had a meeting a month or 2 prior that was "semi formal, mostly informal" but I made more serious when I asked for paper work on it. This scared them and they felt that maybe they miss-conveyed a message to me that was "we want to help". With that they thought I might head for the door and wanted to protect them. Along those lines the guy they are interviewing is from a company that just went under and my firm is interviewing a lot of people from them (just to make sure they don't "miss" any one good). In any case my friends in the firm confirmed to me that the guy (who I know as a dope) was confirmed dopey and they aren't looking at him anymore.
With all this info and our talk it was good; he said they don't want to fire me and just to organize my tasks and be more responsive, which I was starting to do prior to finding out this info regarding the interviews.

I still don't feel 100% secure but I do feel I am at least controlling my own destiny. Also worth a note is that I started reading some David Allen books hope they help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]