Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: weird hand against daliman

my point is that nobody is showing any strength in this hand so you should be able to have less than KK here.

edit: and pms clear.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:01 AM

i disagree: this situation will come up so infrequently that fsu will or should be unable to draw a rationally justifiable conclusion regarding DALIMAN's hand range, and thus must play optimally vs. a generalised hand range of similar players. given my impression of your vague description of daliman and the category into which he falls, this is a FOLD.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:18 PM

Yuk. I think this is a fold? I think regardless of what dali had he raised a bit too much here, 600 or 625 seems better to me all around. If you are going to continue you may as well just push and make him pay for his two outs when he has Kx, which I don't think he has very often (actually, he may have that often enough and be trying to 'steal' half the pot when he thinks he is chopping), or when he is bluffing with something like 88 and won't pay off on the river unless he spikes. He has to be afraid of you having a K here, unless he can beat one, in which case you are at best chopping. Bleh, tough spot, I keep flip flopping in my head.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:32 PM

FSU - Why so small a turn bet? Were you inducing a raise here?
It seems like you were asking for a rise with this turn bet.
As played do you think Daliman puts you on Aces or a King here? I don't - so I guess I would be calling hoping he has Kx.
If you bet (3/4) pot wouldn't he have to put more weight on you having AA, KK and then if he raised you would be able to more easily get away? Then is he hadd Kx might go into call down mode and you can value bet him?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:13 PM

Default *RESULTS*

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet (3/4) pot wouldn't he have to put more weight on you having AA, KK and then if he raised you would be able to more easily get away? Then is he hadd Kx might go into call down mode and you can value bet him

[/ QUOTE ]

i called a minraise on the button. there is no way in hell he puts me on AA/KK.

that being said. there is also no chance he tries to move my off 'my king' bc i have no reason to have one there. and it could be suicide.

and he could be 'bluffing my weakness', but he def. knows i could EASILY have a 7 in my hand, and with his stack, raising his king is a terrible play, and i dont think he's terrible.

seemed like an easy fold to me. i typed "NICE 7 LOL" and folded. later that day, i told him i folded AA and he went on saying how he had a K and was trying to move me off mine. "LOL".

dali had a 7, not sure which one though, maybe he'll chime in.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: *RESULTS*

btw, his flop cold call worried me quite a bit, which is why i underbet the turn, bc a 7 is going to freak out figuring out how to get the money in with so much behind. which is exactly what it forced him to do.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet (3/4) pot wouldn't he have to put more weight on you having AA, KK and then if he raised you would be able to more easily get away? Then is he hadd Kx might go into call down mode and you can value bet him

[/ QUOTE ]

i called a minraise on the button. there is no way in hell he puts me on AA/KK.

that being said. there is also no chance he tries to move my off 'my king' bc i have no reason to have one there. and it could be suicide.

and he could be 'bluffing my weakness', but he def. knows i could EASILY have a 7 in my hand, and with his stack, raising his king is a terrible play, and i dont think he's terrible.

seemed like an easy fold to me. i typed "NICE 7 LOL" and folded. later that day, i told him i folded AA and he went on saying how he had a K and was trying to move me off mine. "LOL".

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks BTW Arrested Development was (SADLY) the best comedy on TV.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the only one left in the deck is the 7 of hearts. I like your turn bet rationale given your read on Dali.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, his flop cold call worried me quite a bit, which is why i underbet the turn, bc a 7 is going to freak out figuring out how to get the money in with so much behind. which is exactly what it forced him to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely misread the hand, I thought he lead the flop.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Qh7h. Again, I didn't know this was FSU, but I saw no reason to give a good player incentive to think he just made a godlike fold on me. I put him on a king, and figured if he has one, he's not going anywhere, because no one ever does and if he doesn't he's done with the hand anyways. I erroneusly thought that my overraise would look like trying to blow him off of a split, which I see a lot at lower levels, ( I was newish to 10/20 at the time) and why the F would ANYONE raise SO hard with the unbreakable nuts. Point is, this f'r owes me ~1700 cuz he has no business making an inhuman fold against me there, but I'll let it slide for the $450ish I made on the hand since I shouldn't have seen the flop anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So what's the right play to get his $$$? At the time, I figured to get allin, you need to build the pot by the turn, but knowing what I know now, if I put him on the king, the right play to me seems to be CRAI river, cuz he's not checking a king if river comes lower, and certainly not AA, especially if he hits his 2 out river. At that point, I can't see how he can get away with that much more invested.