Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Going on my first cruise. Prepare me OOT!

My grandparents took me on Holland America to Alaska when I was 14. Was a really good time even though it was a bunch of old people. It was great being shameless and ordering two desserts, and every course at every meal. IMO, the food was the best part since it was already paid for and I was not worried about alcohol at the time.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, since your wife can't drink, I recommend the unlimited Coke thing, at least for her. It's like $5 / day, and you get all the Coke & juice you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that you are trying to get her to drink juice. All that caffeine and cokes are certainly not good for a pregnant woman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 10:14 PM

Just like to say thanks OOT for the excellent thread; Mrs Harris and I are taking our honeymoon with RC next week on Freedom of the Seas (Western Caribbean). You've helped me out a load and i'll feel forewarned.

I will submit a TR too if people would like that. Mrs Harris only drinks sparkling white and i'm not a big solo drinker, so unless i meet a bloke to hit the bottle with my bar tab should be fine.

Thanks to the folks splashing out on our honeymoon, we went ahead and booked all our excursions with them - since we're only paying for food and drink all week!

Once again, thanks OOT.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Take a dramamine before you set off, typically you should get used to the movement and only need the one you start out with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to get REALLY motion sick to need a dramamine before you leave.
The stabalizers or whatever they are do a pretty good job.

Some people feel it, but if it doesn't make a difference to me then it's probably not THAT bad.

GF was super paranoid on her first cruise and took a dramamine before we departed.
It completely knocked her out (can make some people REALLY drowsy) and she really didn't need to take it.

i think there's a medication called Bonine or something which isn't as sleep-inducing for most.
My recommendation would be to not worry about it and just try to take something IF you feel it after setting sail.

Definitely recommend getting a cabin with a window/balcony.
Worth the extra expense.