Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
I laughed - funny Gabe did not pick up on that one

[/ QUOTE ]

A.J. and Gabe did pick up on it. One of them commented that the event Jamie had to go to was at the Playboy Mansion. That pretty much explains why nobody is going to notice Jamie Gold. There are dozens of beautiful women walking around wearing next to nothing.

I think it would have been funnier if it wasn't at the Mansion. Then Doyle's comment would have a little more sting, like, "You're Jamie Gold; you're not important; nobody gives a [censored] whether you show up or not."

Still funny though.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 PM

Yeah. That was such a cool moment. I guess 10 grand isn't much to him at these stakes, but the speed with which he called the pot sized bet was insulting. It was a final kick in the pants to Gold on the way out. It was downright embarassing.

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] DAVID DEGENYAMINE

calling with bottom pair on a 3 flush board with 4 overcards (and winning) = best hsp moment eva [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 PM

That seems bog standard, except for the flat call which I think is totally fine alternative in how to play it. What am I missing?

[ QUOTE ]
I have talked to a few guys that have played with Guy and while he is a fish his moves don't make sense. His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

Guy raises the button with AA and Brian re-raises with QQ, stakes are huge. Guy flat calls, which is OK if you are trying to be deceptive so that is a point of contention. Either way the flop brings an Ace, Brian bets and Guy calls with a set. The turn brings a Q and Brian pushes and Guy insta calls.

From what I heard this was a very scary hand for all involved because it pointed out that Guy is very difficult to understand because he doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

I thought that was likely the most interesting hand I have heard about in a long time and I don't recall reading about it on Townsend's blog.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM

on DOYLE vs GUY

I dont think Doyle would have bet turn without the flush redraw. he KNEW he was calling a shove and believed enough that he was ahead.

I think he checks behind for pot control lot of the time with A-x no flush draws there.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is DB being staked by PA? Looked like PA was super interested in the DB/Gold all in, standing up and all. Maybe its nothing. No idea how he reacts with the hand next week where DB is all in for like 600k was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so, maybe to return the favor since I think David used to stake Patrik in the big game. After the pot next week David says he doesn't even mind running in once, since he's behind anyways, then asks Patrik if he minds. Next week when he sees Guy's hand before he calls, Patrik has to get up and "eat" all of a sudden, probably trying to avoid the camera, and control his emotions.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. That was such a cool moment. I guess 10 grand isn't much to him at these stakes, but the speed with which he called the pot sized bet was insulting. It was a final kick in the pants to Gold on the way out. It was downright embarassing.

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] DAVID DEGENYAMINE

calling with bottom pair on a 3 flush board with 4 overcards (and winning) = best hsp moment eva [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best was him (semi) joking that he had the nuts... Jamie was like "Oh" and then DB flipped the deuce and laughed at him. Powned.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM

The difference for Doyle was that in the second hand he knows for a fact he's not drawing dead. The hand with Gold, he might have been.

[ QUOTE ]
no chance doyle was steaming because of he got told about the flush vs flush hand vs jamie just evfore it? then thought "omg the donk had alower flush well now way i let these donks get away again when think they raise for value but are actually bluffing, time to pwn some fish!"

and would doyle call without the flushdraw?

and is guy blyffing or he thinks he has the best ahdn o that this his added straightdraw somehow gave homa huge hand?

anyway sick to have 800K pot with pair vs pair. lays downs a flush but calls without much hesitation with one pair, genious or steam?

edit 2: oh he even said it himself. thats a pretty massive tilt lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 PM

*sorry if im not allowed to post videos*

Not that one at this time.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Farha had a monster in that hand against Antonius. He played it fine, trying to raise it and fold him while probably having a ton of equity on the flop in case he got moved in? He just got unlucky in that Patrik made that move on him and he couldn't chop when they ran it 4 times. You don't think Sammy is calling him with Jacks or better there? Because Antonius could have been in big trouble if Sammy did in fact have an overpair. PA got pretty lucky in that hand, all told. Made up for the A-J hand with Gold.

[ QUOTE ]

-Farha : very funny and playing quite good this time (however the hand against Antonius was a bad play IMO). This guy keeps the game alive.

-Antonius : I guess he picked the right style at this table. Being TAG and making plays with his image. Balls of steel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 PM

can someone post or msg mea link to the leaked episode 15