Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: *** Official Stars WCOOP #14 ***

[ QUOTE ]
The overall play from most of the final 100 on down was very very weak and the final 2 tables the play was just a joke so no way iam ever chopping against people like that.

The ak vs j10 hand the guy was just a complete monkey I raised like 7x his pf raise with ak so that if he called like the monkey he was, I would have close to a pot sized bet left and would basically just shove any flop and my 4m bet was basically a shove, I only had 1m left.

And hu I was going to call the guys shove with 7 or 8s+ and AJ+

[/ QUOTE ]

slighting bond?! the nerve...
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks for replying. If you think in terms of chips ev AND someone raises every button this is probably fine. When thinking in terms of blocks and risk reward I really think it's spew unless all but the most extreme opponents. But then it's also good for table image and table dynamics.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think its spew because it was your friend and you're biased, it was a resteal spot, and your friend is probably doing something wrong if migs 3 bet is pure spew and you're giving the "how could you play Ten high like that" nit whine.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is probably true, it's probably also true that given these stack sizes, you need more of a read than "he's raised the button a couple times" to raise/call T6o. Your hand matters quite a bit in these spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG NEWSFLASH, THIS JUST IN!

apparently u need ot be abit of a lucky donka to beat a beat a big tournament field.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Who is the main final table announcer dude? I heard (multiple times)that he made a final table at the wsop