Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Stats Post - Want to fix leaks before moving to 3/6

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]. These look like my full ring stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm basically going by that starting hand chart that's in Wookie's Stats post which I thought was supposed to give acceptable VPIP/PFR numbers, but apparently not. I guess I need to start raising hands that the chart says to fold after 1-2 limpers, like Ax, K9s, KT, QJ. Like I said, I think these are my two biggest leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That guide, while great for beginners, is, well, for beginners. As you get more comfortable, what you should really start taking advantage of is rasing to isolate. Try and sit behind bad players, and raise behind their limps with slightly more marginal hands than you're used to. Take the better hands from the set that you'd raise if it was folded to you, but that you're folding with the one bad limper. I'm glad to see your stealing expanding from 1/2 to 2/4. You can open that up a little more even. I should probably update my stats post to say that a reasonable upper bound on stealing is 45-50%, not 40%, as it currently reads.

OTOH, don't let anyone say that playing w/ these stats is a big leak. You're a little tight. You're passing up some profitable situations. But just because raising QJo after a bad limper is profitable doesn't mean that folding it is a 1 BB mistake or something crazy like that.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 AM

Our stats are extremely similar. I have a touch higher PFR and see a few more showdowns. You should be fine at 3/6. One thing that stands out though is that you are check raising very infrequently. You might want to look to do that in more spots.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:19 AM

Default Can I hijack?

I want to post my stats as well for a little review, but dont want to start another stats post. Would it be ok if I started another thread within this tread? I don't want to hijack though...or if anyone would be willing to look at them I could PM. Thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Can I hijack?

22% VPIP for 6-max is not good. As you move up in limits, you'll need to become less predicatable preflop which means playing hands that have 0 and even slightly low EV. The idea is to make your opponents put you on a wider range of hands which means that you'll get more action with your big hands.

At the lower limits though you can play much tighter and still do very well since players are not very observant. At 3/6 this will start to become somewhat clear to you but honestly, even at 3/6 it's not a big deal. The highest I play right now is 5/10 and it's not even a huge concert there. However, it's better to start playing looser preflop now when it won't cost you as much when you make mistakes.

Your AG is a little high for my tastes as well but not nearly as out of control as some peoples'.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Can I hijack?

I think your stats are fine. I cant see any obvious leaks.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]. These look like my full ring stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm basically going by that starting hand chart that's in Wookie's Stats post which I thought was supposed to give acceptable VPIP/PFR numbers, but apparently not. I guess I need to start raising hands that the chart says to fold after 1-2 limpers, like Ax, K9s, KT, QJ. Like I said, I think these are my two biggest leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't raise Ax or any of these hands in fact, just limp along and make up postflop with KT QJ K9s. I'd still fold most weak aces here depending on how many limpers there are. I think this is sound but someone let me know if I'm crazy.

Steve