Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM

Default .10/.20 pstars

Ill start of by saying I have no specific issue with this hand other then I am trying to dig into specific aspects of my game. I would appreciate it if some people could take the time and analyze my play through the entire hand strictly from clean limit poker stand point.

Im currently building a bankroll on pokerstars from $10 (up to $50 currently) which is going well but the real objective is that my knowledge of the game will increase as the limits do. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time

I had just sat at the table a few hands before so I have no reads to offer.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 11-20-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: .10/.20 pstars

there will be a lot of posts after mine telling you what to do. this is what you want to hear.

but if you want to get better, you need to think about and answer these questions:

why did you donk the flop?

why did you check the river?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:08 AM

A number of people have suggested checking the flop with a view to check raising here. I would question this. With four people having put in two bets pre-flop, the pot is already large. We should therefore take the line that maximises our winning chances. That means trying to ensure that our ace outs are clean if the diamond flush does not materialise. The best chance of this happening is to donk the flop in the hope that UTG raises and knocks out AJ, AQ or even AK. A check raise (assuming that UTG bets) will not get anyone to fold. If the donk gets raised and there are callers, by all means 3 bet for value.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 AM

doug (may i call you doug? i guess doug isn't a very scottish-sounding name. have you ever seen the cartoon "doug"? i'm not sure if they have nickelodeon across the pond, but doug is pretty cool. i liked skeeter better, though; skeeter is the kind of friend you could trade handjobs with.),

if we bet and utg raises, he always has a better hand than us. getting hu with a better hand is rarely what you want. it's *really* not what you want when you have a draw to the nuts. we want to get as much money as possible into this pot. c/r the field is far and away the best way to do this.

(harv's points are interesting about b/3b. but hey harv, how about c/r/cap! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doug (may i call you doug? i guess doug isn't a very scottish-sounding name. have you ever seen the cartoon "doug"? i'm not sure if they have nickelodeon across the pond, but doug is pretty cool. i liked skeeter better, though; skeeter is the kind of friend you could trade handjobs with.),

if we bet and utg raises, he always has a better hand than us. getting hu with a better hand is rarely what you want. it's *really* not what you want when you have a draw to the nuts. we want to get as much money as possible into this pot. c/r the field is far and away the best way to do this.

(harv's points are interesting about b/3b. but hey harv, how about c/r/cap! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Please call me Doug. I got my user name and my posting name mixed up when I registered and I don't know it there is anything I can do to change it!

I don't mind being HU with a better hand when I have a good chance of outdrawing it. If UTG has JJ, QQ or KK, I have eleven outs. If he raises AK, my ten gives three extra outs if his hand doesn't improve. I just feel that with eight SBs in the pot already, I want to maximise my chances of winning as opposed to increasing the number of bets in the pot. If I can get someone with AJ or better to fold , I am happy. Betting out also has the advantage of ensuring that the hand is not checked round on the flop, which I would hate to see happen. If I am raised, I am perfectly happy to re-raise if at least one other player stays in. If the pot had not been raised before the flop, I would prefer the attempted check raise line however.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

990 games 0.005 secs 198,000 games/sec

Board: 9d 8h 6d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 47.121% 46.67% 00.45% 462 4.50 { AdTd }
Hand 1: 52.879% 52.42% 00.45% 519 4.50 { AcAs }

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

990 games 0.005 secs 198,000 games/sec

Board: 9d 8h 6d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 52.778% 52.32% 00.45% 518 4.50 { AdTd }
Hand 1: 47.222% 46.77% 00.45% 463 4.50 { KdKh }

Never underestimate the value of a flopped 4-flush + gutshot hand. And never assume that just because your opponent has the best hand now, you're behind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Really, we're debating nothing--I think we both agree that our goal is to get as many bets as humanly possible into this pot on the flop. C/r sometimes does that, bet/3bet sometimes does it better, and as is usually the case I think a lot depends on our opponents. On .10/.20 I doubt it really matters which avenue we choose--people are going to peel for 2 bets as easily as 1 pretty often, with anything from 1 pair to a gutshot to a runner runner FD.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:04 AM

grunching...

very favourable flop for you. nut flush draw with 2 overs, and a gutshot. I might try to cap the flop. but check raising is better you you trap a lot of them for 1 more bet. If you bet, and UTG raise, you might be chasing away those acting behind.

You should have bet the river. Can't miss this value bet! Button totally looks like he's trying for a free card on the turn by raising on the flop.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM

I would c/r this flop u have a NFD &amp; GS with 1 over that may still be live (the T prolly should be discounted due to anyone holding a 7). Then lead turn.

As played u need to bet that river.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:10 PM

I believe you missed a value bet on the river there. Any reason for checking?

Flop: Seems like UTG have UI overs. Button could be raising TP or on a draw for a "free" card. I dont mind donking but c/r might be better.

Turn: You donk and he calls. Could still be a draw or TP calling down. If you're against an aggresive opponent you could go for a c/r here. Very read dependent (got any?).

River: As already mentioned, bet here. You have no reason to think a K changes anything. Bet for value
Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Preflop is fine.

I lead this flop. Your objective on the flop is to get as many bets in as possible. You have excellent equity here. When the button raises I think I would three bet. One or both of those callers will call two more bets here sometimes and that is good for you.

Once you get to the turn I don't mind donking into the flop raiser when the ace hits.

On the river you have no reason to suspect that you are behind and no reason to think the button will bet for you. You must value bet this river. If you get raised by the button because he hit two pair with a hand like K9 then you lose an extra bet, but more often you will get paid off by a worse hand.