Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Free money from BODOG

[ QUOTE ]
it will be sold this year

[/ QUOTE ]
Starting to look like this might not be true. The buzz I've heard is that they'll hold off until January 2008 to announce a buyer. Either way, it looks like it'll be close.

Also read a few reports that say Tata has the inside track, but I'm not confident enough in it to take them at +250. A lot of the theory is that PE funds might not be able to get the financing that would make the deal appealing in the current market. Also, Fiat and Mahindra are supposedly out.

Has anyone that follows M&A heard anything similar/different?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 PM

i've been hearing tata's name a lot so i jumped on it when it was 5/1

now it looks like ford doesn't wanna sell it and instead wants to retain most ownership which would favor one of the hedge funds

personally i think what happened was tata was the highest bidder by far but they don't want to sell to them
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM

I don't think Tata will win. JMHO.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Mahindra & Mahindra and Cerebus (one of the favorites) pulled out of bidding

Four firms remain in the race to buy Ford’s European luxury brands Jaguar and Land Rover after the Indian SUV and car maker Mahindra & Mahindra and the private equity group Cerberus pulled out, according to sources quoted by India’s Economic Times.

It says the private equity groups One Equity Partners, Ripplewood and Texas Pacific Group, and the Indian vehicle manufacturer Tata Motors have yet to complete due diligence on Jaguar and Land Rover. One of the paper’s sources said at least one potential bidder was seeking a bigger commitment from Ford to a sale before undertaking extensive due diligence investigations.

Ford was said to be trying to avoid committing itself to a sale of Jaguar and Land Rover “in case its current funding problems undermine the brands’ value”, but CEO Alan Mulally has indicated that a buyer is likely to be confirmed by the end of the year.

(Economic Times, 25 September)
Old 09-26-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I e-mailed Bodog support, and they ensured that the buyer doesn't need to be an existing "Automaker." Thus, the winning country can also include where the investment vehicle is based.

[/ QUOTE ]

save that e-mail please

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, way ahead of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. Bodog will keep your money if they feel like it. They might not even bother to tell you why. If they are feeling generous, they might tell you that it was an "obviously wrong" line and refund your money. They are the sleaziest book among those still considered by many to be legit.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me 20-1 it won't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naj, can we quit all these little cute posts where you try to offer people 5x worse than market price whenever they express confidence on something? Obviously, even if it was a lock, they'd be better off betting it elsewhere. It really doesn't prove anything at all when they refuse you and your little 20:1 posts clutter up the forum more than their declarations do.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me 20-1 it won't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naj, can we quit all these little cute posts where you try to offer people 5x worse than market price whenever they express confidence on something? Obviously, even if it was a lock, they'd be better off betting it elsewhere. It really doesn't prove anything at all when they refuse you and your little 20:1 posts clutter up the forum more than their declarations do.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are obviously missing the brilliant point he is making with these posts, and i mean it's not like he makes these 20-1 responses every single time someone implies that they are very sure of a bet...i definitely saw one where he offered a guy 10-1
Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me 20-1 it won't?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fairness to Naj, I think his point was valid. Anyone coming on and saying "this is a lock, free money" with no analysis can deal with sarcastic responses, IMO.

Let's all put aside our differences and put this thread in I HAS LOCKS, where it belongs.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:53 AM

Sorry I didnt include analysis. I really cant say what I know. But it is still a lock. In fact the GM settlement makes it more so. Ford will need a similar settlement to be competitive. Where do you think Ford will get $23 Billion? It should be done this weekend, and announced next week. And Tata is the most likely.

I would also expect this increases likelihood of Volvo sale also
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me 20-1 it won't?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fairness to Naj, I think his point was valid. Anyone coming on and saying "this is a lock, free money" with no analysis can deal with sarcastic responses, IMO.

Let's all put aside our differences and put this thread in I HAS LOCKS, where it belongs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perf responded and offered to give me 8 or 10-1 on KC not making playoffs when line was 4-1 [I took him up on that], so I think I'll keep doing it when I want to. It's to make $$, not to be cute.

I've also won money from posters who swore up and down the Skins would be >8-8 in past years, and Terps would finish > UNC cbb as well.
Also, last week the question was about ATS/scores after OSU benched their starters. That is not offered in *any* book, so it's highly strange for you to say I can't try to negotiate a price here.