Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

BB what's a good basic raising range vs a chronic SB limper that can't find the fold Btn often on flop, general range B vB too FWIW?

<font color="green">Raise liberally at first to set the tone, then raise with the goods after that once he thinks you're full of crap all the time. </font>

Mainly a question for AJ;

What's your cashout (deposit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) strategy , that enables you to move up and down the SSNL limits and still get monies out ?

<font color="green">Fortunately I haven't made a deposit since I started playing. I just cash out down to a certain number. Now, I'm cashing out to $8500 when playing NL200. Cashing out between $500-$1000 at a time to Epassporte. I've played exclusively at FTP for awhile now so haven't moved any money around lately.
</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM

I realize that this board is for general questions, but most threads relate to certain hands. I think by default, these hands happen to be the most spectacular, biggest winners, losers, etc by the posters in question. There are probably a bunch of other mistakes that we all make (individually) that we don't realize or don't bring up.

So my NOOB question is, what would be the best way to get feedback from other 2+2 regs that we see on a regular basis at the tables, but may not be friends with (or even aware that they are 2p2ers), as to what they see wrong with our game or how they like to attack us. I know we have an occasional thread for feedback for players on different sites, but it often gets long, fast, and most people do not get feedback on that thread (due to sheer volume of requests).

Am I missing a part to this board, or is there a mechanism in place for this already?

<font color="orange">best idea is to just start compiling a list of people on AIM and chatting about hands with them. i know that i learned the most doing this, and i know that many msnl/hsnl guys have as well. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, what is this "yeti theorem" i keep hearing about

<font color="blue"> I believe its a partial BS theory that when a villain 3 bets a paired flop he has air </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM

One more, who changed the location in my profile to "I ain't got my taco"?

<font color="orange"> i dont think mods can change your location, only you. so maybe you were drunk or something. </font>

<font color="green">mods can change user's loc and we do so if they have an inappropriate one. But, yeah, you were probably drunk. </font>

<font color="red">Or high
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM

I always seem to struggle with playing AQ OOP from the blinds against a PFR from early or middle position. My default move is to 3-bet and if called, continue on the flop but it just seems wildly unprofitable. Should I just shutdown UI when called? Assume 100BB effective stacks and interested in responses when facing an unknown or a taggy reg at 25NL.

<font color="orange"> I talked about this above if you want to check it out, in regards to AK. you can definitely c/f UI if you want, you dont have to c-bet every time you rr pf. it depends alot on the board and who called your rr. if he's the type to peel with any sort of pair then i would typically give up. </font>

<font color="green">As Orange says, you don't have to auto-cb every flop and that's pretty much the key. Much of the profit comes from them folding preflop to your 3B and from you hitting the flop. The CB part on missed flops is where the danger lies and money gets thrown down the toilet if you are CB'ing way too much.

And, don't be afraid to just call occasionally too in the blinds with AK/AQ and play the hand straightforward postflop.
</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 01:51 PM

I know we can't pick on the mods here, but I think this is more of an informational/educational question. Would some of the different mods mind posting the following, so that we can compare our results to theirs:

A.) Level played at (site irrelevant unless its IPoker)
b.) PTBB/100 monthly win rates for the last month or two, as long as they are indicative of how you normally run.

Although some may be winning players, you always feel like it should be more. I think some comparison numbers is a good sanity check.

So an answer from a Mod (and name of mod can be left out) might look like this

NL 50 Sep = 5.2, Aug = 4.9

Thats it.

<font color="orange"> AP sep= 10 aug= 10 </font>

<font color="green">NL100/200 on FTP last two months are 19k hands of NL100 at 8.72 and 32k hands of NL200 at 6.41. I can run that way if I don't tilt like an idiot, which is the reason I was playing NL50 a short 3 months ago </font>

<font color="red">Ive just moved up to NL100 and am doing well at 7ptbb/100 but over a small sample (bout 9000 hands). Before that I was at NL50 and sucking because I was tring to learn how to play LAG, but I think I got it now. When I was TAG I had 25k-ish hands at 50nl at 8ptbb/100.

<font color="blue">Aug: 0 Sept 0 hands played, 0 </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 03:35 PM

What is uNL?

<font color="green">This forum. u stands for micro. nl stands for No Limit. there's a previous post about it in this thread. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 PM

How do you work out what a minraise value is? Is it 2x your bet?

<font color="green">Yes, 2x the bet. Or 2x the bb if it is a preflop open. </font>

In pokertracker there are "folded SB/BB to steal" stats, what counts as a steal?

<font color="green">An open raise from the CO or Button. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 04:33 PM

whats the longest stretch of time like documented for a downswing?? because about a month ago i was a .5/1 reg and lost about 10 buyins in 4k hands which i know is meaningless...then the same thing happened at 50 nl....now over 20k hands at 25 nl i am -1.82bb/100 for a whopping grand total of -4.62bb/100 over 36k hands.... i thought i was a winning player and this summer i beat 25 and 50 rather easily... any past experience/advice would be nice... thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 04:49 PM

is there a way i can determine the exact hand range someone raises pf from his pfr%? as in, if he has a pfr of 6, 10, 20, etc, to be able to put him on a range of specific hands?

<font color="red"> In short, no. You can only ever approximate and generalise. Dont sweat it too much, you dont need to really put someone on a precise range in order to play well.
Closed Thread