Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom refuses to cashout US player

[ QUOTE ]
2. If you can find a way for us to send you your money, please let us know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems ludicrous to me. The UIGEA targets transfers TO gambling businesses, not transfers FROM gambling businesses.

I don't know of any regulation or law which prohibits somebody from returning your own money to you.

They should be able to legally send you a check drawn on any institution anywhere and you should be able to legally cash it. (At least as far as the US Federal government is concerned.)
Old 11-23-2007, 08:18 PM

Default TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help ...

I would agree that this sounds ridiculous on the part of the poker site.

I would go further, as we would certainly like to GET business from US players who are in this situation with poker sites which refuse to cash someone out just because they are from the US.

I want to offer what assistance we can to Card or anyone else who has frozen balances at sites which simply refuse to pay US players.

So, if anyone wants to contact Pokerroom or other sites with this policy, I am willing to offer those players BOTH a First Time Deposit bonus and the ability to get a cashout .... TruePoker will accept a transfer of funds from PokerRoom or other US-phobic site, via wire or other means acceptable to that site and credit the player with a TruePoker account for your transferred balance. We will also be glad to give such players a First Time Deposit bonus.

We have no issue cashing out US players' withdrawals and would welcome their business.

We can certainly allow US players to cash out.

Card, feel free to suggest to PokerRoom that we are willing to accept a transfer offshore on your behalf. (If they want toconfirm this TruePoker policy, they can email management@TruePoker.com).
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help ...

TruePokerCEO:

Please empty your PM box.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help ...

FreeBeer,

As I understand it, the pm boxes will all be moved, empty, with the software change.

So you understand, I let it fill up because I don't check it frequently enough. If I could get an email generated to me whenever there is a message, I could use the service.

Otherwise, you can always email me at management@truepoker.com

TruePoker CEO
Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help .

[ QUOTE ]
FreeBeer,

As I understand it, the pm boxes will all be moved, empty, with the software change.

So you understand, I let it fill up because I don't check it frequently enough. If I could get an email generated to me whenever there is a message, I could use the service.

Otherwise, you can always email me at management@truepoker.com

TruePoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]
To receive an e-mail notification when you receive a PM, at the top of the forum page, go to "My Home", near the bottom right click "Edit" next to "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc.", select "Yes" for the first option "Do you want email notifications when you receive private messages?", then click Submit. You will then be notified whenever you receive a PM.