PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $138.90
UTG: $158.00
MP: $197.85
CO: $91.30
Button: $132.00
SB: $101.90

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $4, SB folds, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($12.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP bets $9</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, BB folds, MP calls $21.

Turn: ($72.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP bets $45</font>, Hero ????
Old 09-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: well that turn card sucks

Curse and fold. If you are still ahead it's not be much and if you are behind (which is highly likely when an unknown does this move) you are crushed.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curse and fold. If you are still ahead it's not be much and if you are behind (which is highly likely when an unknown does this move) you are crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHS, I've saved myself tons of money (I think ...) of late with exactly this move.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:34 PM

straight to the muck sir.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:06 AM

Raise more on the flop. Making it anywhere between $45 and $128 is better than $30. You have the best hand a vast majority of the time. Half the deck will make you puke on the turn. Get committed to this pot now.

As played, folding the turn is pretty silly. $45 into a $73 pot is the move of someone who wants to see a river but probably won't be able to if he checks, since you are very likely to jam. Just get the money in and hope.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As played, folding the turn is pretty silly. $45 into a $73 pot is the move of someone who wants to see a river but probably won't be able to if he checks, since you are very likely to jam. Just get the money in and hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at stack sizes. That is exactly what I would bet with the nuts to reel in the short stack fish. An open shove by villain would be less scary.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM

I'm not saying that the nuts aren't a part of his range. Flushes are going to be a part of this guy's range. However, I do think that Villian would bet more on the turn with a flush (and certainly push with aces up or AAA) to protect his hand vs a set. What I am saying is that a hand like AxKs or QxQs Ah8h will play the hand similarly...lots of donkeys at lower levels have this convoluted thinking that making a small donk bet will allow them to see the river with proper odds. Couple that with the money already in the pot and you've got yourself a hand that need to play for stacks.

However, the whole point is moot because more dollars need to be put in on the flop. Best hand, vulnerable hand, just get the monies in the middle.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, the whole point is moot because more dollars need to be put in on the flop. Best hand, vulnerable hand, just get the monies in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

What % of the time does a worse hand call a flop 3 bet push? Straights and sets will call every time. Monster draws will call. AA and KK will call and have 7 outs on the turn and at least 10 outs on the river. It's not that great of a spot to stack off because hero doesn't crush anything excpet a worse two pair hand and is crushed or coin flipping with most everything else.