Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 AM

Default NL100: 2 pair, river?

MP1 is 32/25/2 after not so many hands. No particular read otherwise.

Turn check is good? Do you call river?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP3 ($8)
CO ($101.52)
Hero ($230.46)
SB ($111.14)
BB ($151.81)
UTG ($50.30)
UTG+1 ($57.06)
UTG+2 ($81.60)
MP1 ($187.66)
MP2 ($28.03)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $3, Hero calls $3, SB calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($13) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, MP1 calls $5, CO calls $5, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $35</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $15.

Turn: ($93) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($93) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $51</font>, Hero ?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: NL100: 2 pair, river?

Hmmm as a microstakesplayer I would let ATs even on the button if I am not the aggressor (or if the pot isn't a limped one). After your call on the flop you have decided I hope that he hasn't got 22, TT or AA so you have to call the river. Villains line is really weird although on this ultradry board he might take this line with 22, AA or TT; he checks the turn in the hope you have AT, 22 or maybe TT and fire again (if he has AA or TT himself), so he can call or check/raise. On the other hand this also might be a villain who thinks you are messing around after so much 'weakness' on the flop and he decides his AK or AQ can go to a cheap showdown (through confusing you and minraising you). 51 could really be a blockbet, it wouldn't surprise me if he had AK or AQ. As said after your call on the flop a call here is mandatory, maybe even for information in later hands.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 AM

Wow! really weird line by villain.

He raises A2 pre flop so we are definitely ahead of his range on the flop. But i like your call here as it doesn't let him get away from TPGK easily.

I think that i would probably bet this turn and at this point we would be committed to the hand.

As played definitely call river, infact just shove for value [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 08:08 AM

I'm never folding the flop with any holding (except when I'm bluffing) on the flop for only $15 more, getting ~5:1 so just because I called on the flop doesn't mean I have to call the river.

And for pf, it isn't standard but he's a loose raiser and there is a caller between us and I got position.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And for pf, it isn't standard but he's a loose raiser and there is a caller between us and I got position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you are right on this one, I didn't pay enough attention to his raising stats. What I don't agree with though is that you don't have to call the river, what lines of villain could you possibly hope for that would make you call on the flop but throw your hand away afterwards... Yeah sure he could check it down but that would be a small portion of the time.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 AM

PF call is debatable, but with position and quite good odds, I don't mind a call there. In the hand, I think we're in front much more often than not, must probable hands for villain here IMO AK or AQ. I have no clue why he shuts down on turn, I think you should bet there. River he bets for value cause you didnt show any strenght on turn when you could have. Besides, I don't think he has trips because I see no reason for three betting them on such a dry flop. So river is at least a call for me, maybe I even raise him there...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:42 AM

wait why aren't you trying to get allin?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:45 AM

I'd call river. I can see villain checking turn hoping to check-raise with a set, although I realize it's unlikely because of hero's holding. Didn't happen, so he could be value betting. Then again, he could have AK or AQ and think hero is weak for not betting turn. I'd just call and take notes.

I would have bet turn, though. If villain had pushed, I'd have a lot to think about [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait why aren't you trying to get allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thatīs my thinking, too. Therefore bet turn or, as hand played, raise river.

Still think he doesn't have trips there. When he three bets flop, he has to know it's unlikely that hero bets turn when checked to him and by that he loses a lot of value...Makes no sense.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Weird stuff. He min raised a donk bettor+caller+raiser on the flop. This seems like a monster to me. I mean I can see if it were heads up or something a min raise could easily just be top pair, but with the interest shown by everyone else in the hand, why would he make a bet like this?

Then he checks the turn, not sure why he would do this with a monster since you could easily check behind with alot of stuff. Maybe he has AK or something??

I have a hard time figuring this out. I'd probably just call the river. If you stacked off though, I wouldn't call you crazy.