Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Big lay down, Correct or not?

Ok, i hoasted a fun homegame last night, with micro blinds of 5p/10p and a maximum buyin of £5. This is very low stakes for me and many other players in the game. however its more about haveing a drink and a laugh.

After starting the game 6 handed people started to bust out and eventually it was myself heads up with about £6 against the guy that had somehow bust the table. he had over £85 stack. Was insane he didn't miss a flop all night and if he was behind alwase hit his draws.

Anyway the action goes as follows:

He is on the button and flat calls,

I have Q3us and check

the flop comes 345 rainbow

i check to him he bets 30p

I then check raise him to 75p

He goes to his chips to count out a re-raise (however it didn't look like this is an acting job, i am sure he was considering it) then he calls looking really strong.

The turn comes another 3 giving me trips. I bet out £1 leaving me with roughly £4.50.

He thinks for a couple of seconds then moves in.

Action back on me, he looked so strong and the board was horrible. I flipped over my 3 showing him my trips he looked shocked that i was even thinking about it. after about 2 minutes i layed the hand down and he looked very disappointed. later on he told me that it was the correct lay down, and at the time i was very confident it was. in fact i was prowed of myself for laying it down.

However the worst thing i did was show him the card as there were other players sitting around and drinking, they ripped me silly for the lay down. Saying i cant lay that down heads up.

What do you guys think of the lay down?
Do you think the lay down was correct?
Do you feel that it would be more profitable to make the call and if im behind consider it a cooler, and with one card to come i still could make the full house?

Thanks guys
Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Big lay down, Correct or not?

on a ragged board like this, hu, it was an atrocious laydown. If he has the higher set on a board like this (he probably would have raised any PP preflop considering how he was running, wouldn't he?), so be it. He probably had a big pair and was comforting you about your bad laydown. Sorry, he outplayed you or you outplayed yourself.