Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: fighting fatigue

just remember to use the sharps collector in the restroom after taking your "medicine"
Old 10-26-2006, 04:54 AM

A big difference today was that I drank nothing but water (and the games were good so that helped stay alert too) and took a few breaks. I think that drinking water has a big deal to do w/ it. I probably usually drink the equivalent of 6 cans of diet coke in an hour (maybe more). Replacing that w/ water, taking a few breaks and eating fruit helped me play for 9 hours today and I felt pretty alert too.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:51 AM

Stay away from those cookies and brownies they have in the back of MCC. You will have a burst of energy but then crash from all the sugar and not be able to concentrate.

The thing I try to do is eat a higher than average carbohydrate meal the night before (just as athletes do)and eat a normal lite higher in protein meal before or during play.

Dont drink soda. Small amount of caffeine isnt too bad as a pick me up.

Also the noise from those slot machines and the bustle of the room can really make it hard to concentrate at Motor. I have considered buying foam earplugs and wearing them.

Also, and I think this is kind of a big deal, the lighting is dim and shadowy at MCC and I think this can also make you tired. It is so dark and dim up there. If I wear my sunglasses I can hardly see anything at all. This will naturally make you sleepy. Lately I have been taking breaks each hour to a well lit place like the bathroom on the 4th floor, both to get some light in my eyes and to clear my head from all that noise.

-J
Old 10-29-2006, 04:38 AM

Good idea replacing the soda with water.
Try scheduling breaks for your self. Get up every 2 or 3 hours and go outside, do some stretching, and walk around.
Bring your own meals, and snacks. Snack on fruits, and vegetables, instead of chips and candy, or whatever else is usually available at cardrooms.
I also read somewhere that high protein, high fat foods require more energy for the body to break these foods down, and this can lead to fatigue.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:55 AM

Take a daily multivitamin, work out three times a week (including cardio), cut down on the fat intake, and stay hydrated.