Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: rounders - AA999 v. AAA99

[ QUOTE ]
Id also like to point out that Roman and Maurice are not speaking Sputnik, they are in fact speaking Russian.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, excellent.

On the last hand, you can see Teddy had TT.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Pretty sure this is wrong, seen as he says the ace couldn't have helped him, which it clearly could have helped AA.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure this is wrong, seen as he says the ace couldn't have helped him, which it clearly could have helped AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you are levelling I assume?

I don't think he is entitled to be entirely 100% truthful, if he was he may aswell have showed Damon his TT to be nice.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:35 PM

No, i'm saying KGB had AA. Thats the only hand he can have that the river A couldn't have helped Damon.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 PM

This can't be answered without knowing whether Teddy is the type of player that would call off his stack with a flush in that situation (paired board). If he isn't, then Mike's best move is to call, because he's only going to get called by a hand that beats him. If Teddy IS able to call off his stack with the flush to a paired board, then the move-in was correct.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, i'm saying KGB had AA. Thats the only hand he can have that the river A couldn't have helped Damon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Teddy was saying that, possibly putting Mike on something like A7, trying to get Mike to call the all-in.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This can't be answered without knowing whether Teddy is the type of player that would call off his stack with a flush in that situation (paired board). If he isn't, then Mike's best move is to call, because he's only going to get called by a hand that beats him. If Teddy IS able to call off his stack with the flush to a paired board, then the move-in was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
he would call with other fullhouses wouldnt he?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he would call with other fullhouses wouldnt he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Having seen this movie way more times than I'm proud of I'll clear up a few points...

KGB's cards were not shown in the final hand...and "slowing down" of the video to see his cards is pointless as he threw the deck and not his hole cards which I'm pretty sure were still sitting in front of him.

-When you speculate about Teddy's hand in the final scene, you must realize that he actually THOUGHT Mike was on a draw...that is why the ace couldn't have helped him...it didn't help any draws...this is just my opinion obviously.

-Anyone playing properly rolled goes broke on the nines full hand 100% of the time...

- It's funny to me that even with all the ridiculous overbets, string bets, amateur table talk, and all around noob play, no one ever talks about the fact that the entire climax of the movie is flawed. They need to go on this "epic" run to make the 15K they need, but we somehow forget that Worm made a quick 8 grand in like 2 hours at the Chesterfield the morning after being released....oh ya, and apparently neither of them sleep...

even still, its one of my favs...did anyone happen to notice that oceans 13 was written by the rounders guys...and notice what Matt Damon's final lines in that movie were?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- It's funny to me that even with all the ridiculous overbets, string bets, amateur table talk, and all around noob play, no one ever talks about the fact that the entire climax of the movie is flawed. They need to go on this "epic" run to make the 15K they need, but we somehow forget that Worm made a quick 8 grand in like 2 hours at the Chesterfield the morning after being released....oh ya, and apparently neither of them sleep...

[/ QUOTE ]

They get their money taken in the cop game.