Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Help me Out

Bare with me folks as new to site - MTT Tourney - early position raises 4 times (300/600) - which I call off from the button with 99 -flop comes Q Q 6 - aggressor pushes me all in for 11000 more which after much deliberation I call off - does this call every pay off - at the time I was convinced it was a trrible call - but is it perhaps more marginal than I thought? - Go easy on me - lol
Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Help me Out

id definiteyl say its not a Good spot but id say it sint neccessarily bad either. id expect more caution from AA/KK and he doesnt have a queen he might have <jj or he might have AK id say these are the most likely hands hes gona show u so against 88/77 ur way ahead against TT JJ youre way behind and against AK youre 3:1
So u call and pray u dont need to hit a nine and 23 fall on the river.
My gut says he flips ak nice call

also if your gona post hands here (im no expert but ive read a bazilion) youre gona wanna post a better description of your Q in the heading such as "99 facing UTG all in on QQ3 flop" and in the description of the hand give more info: buy in, how deep into the game, reads, stack sizes, any of the stuff u had to consider when making your decision is needed for someone to give you quality feedback.

PS hope they didnt river the ace
GL
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Help me Out

Hi stretch and welcome.

Please read these forums to see how hands should be posted. Your question is unanswerable without know a lot more things... all stack sizes at the table (most important), buy-in, online or live, reads on opponents, where it is in the tourney (near the bubble? in the money?), how many at the table, etc...

Without any of this information, trying to give you advice would be total guesswork.

Matt