Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Genius New Strategy

After awhile, you will need to fade your fading of the fade. 3rd level thinking. Guaranteed $$$. If you can get someone to fade your fading and then fade them, that'll work too.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

If you believe it's possible for a capper to consistently hit over 50% of his picks, surely you believe there are cappers that consistently hit under 50%. The catch is that they have to be completely honest with themselves and their system to fade themselves correctly.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 PM

"Genius New Strategy"? You just stole this idea from George Costanza. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Opp...eld_episode%29
Old 06-01-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After awhile, you will need to fade your fading of the fade. 3rd level thinking. Guaranteed $$$. If you can get someone to fade your fading and then fade them, that'll work too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I figured out how to properly 37th level think, all my fades became real picks, I became profitable, and turned into a real boy!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I figured out how to properly 37th level think, all my fades became real picks, I became profitable, and turned into a real boy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sort of. I believe it's the 40th level. At level 37, you're probably still made of wood.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Have you hit rock bottom when you fade yourself??
Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 AM

I think this is a solid plan. In the NFL, the majority of my sports bets are just simple fades of the public (taking the under on a MNF game between two high-profile offenses, etc., etc.) and I did quite well for myself last year. I can see the subconsciously second-guessing yourself screwing you in the long run, but there's nothing wrong with giving this method a try.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Unless you can find an inefficient market where you can spot edge greater than the vig, throwing darts at a board should yield the same results as putting minor thought into you picks (losing to the vig in the long run). Most major sports markets are too efficient and priced correctly to beat outright, IMO.

There are a few exceptions. Take the scenario where a large metropolitan area team is playing another team from a much smaller city, and presumably smaller fan base. It is possible (but not always the case) that fans from the much larger metropolitan city may artificially push the line up from "true" fair value, making a bet for the other team preferable. Might want to focus on finding scenarios like this and other inefficient markets.................ie WNBA. (love the NY Liberty -3.5 btw)
Old 08-24-2007, 07:19 PM

Wasn't the Barstool Pundit thread (last year or the year before) real popular? This was a fade/contrarian play. I don't remember how it fared and I haven't searched yet, but I remember it being very popular and at least moderately successful.