Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: NL200: KK 3-way

Old 04-19-2007, 08:28 PM

If you keep making it 5-6bb with the tier one hands don't you think an observant player will notice that and just set mine you to death? That is the problem I see with it. You basically telegraph your hand, it is marginal at best long term but against player that PAHUD and keep active notes I think you are in for some real trouble playing big hands like that long term.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you keep making it 5-6bb with the tier one hands don't you think an observant player will notice that and just set mine you to death? That is the problem I see with it. You basically telegraph your hand, it is marginal at best long term but against player that PAHUD and keep active notes I think you are in for some real trouble playing big hands like that long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats gona keep them from set mining when you have a standard lower raise?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 PM

that wasnt the point of my post. Ill try to be a little more clear.

Next time just type in the chat box, "I have AA." Because at least half the table knows this already playing that way.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM

You should have a standard open that you make with every hand. Varying your pf raise is a massive leak and hugely exploitable.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this would be a ton easier if you raised more preflop. I would only under represent my big hands when I got dead reads on people I am gona go up against and I am in LP.

I would check call a bet less than half the pot, check fold to a pot siez be, with these AF stats they are not gona put you all in with a pair. highly unlikely...

and your blocking bet no matter if its a 20 dollar bet or 2 dollar bet is gona work on the river players with those af stats are not gona reraise you all in on a bluff on the river...I mean come on look at those AF stats,

AF stats are alot more important than their vipi and pfr stats in determining if they are bluffing or not

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf difference would $1 more pf have made? and AF stats are utterly meaningless after 250 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times does this need to be said before people get it, it takes a long time for agression stats to converge, especially turn and river ones
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM

I agree w/ the general sentiment. It reminds me of the WSOP ME a few years ago where at a very low blind structure Farha called a massive overraise from a newb ( I think he was a gambling show host on a cable channel) with pocket 3s because he knew the guy had aces and would probably stack off. That's just an extremem example of how predictable varying your bet size can make you- right up there with "protecting" your pocket 8s or 9s from under the gun with a super duper big raise.