Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Poker Hand XML

Tickner,

What happens with Dealer chat?

<chat playerid="Dealer">sbrugby has timed out and will be considered all-in.</chat>
<chat playerid="Dealer">sbrugby has 1 all-in protection left.</chat>

Do you think it will be feasible to parse the chat and assign it to playerids in raw hand histories? (This is a serious question. If anyone, it would be you to know that.)
Old 08-09-2007, 03:53 PM

most hand histories specify who said the chat.

If the player who said it isn't specified, then programmers will probably just ignore it and thats fine since its an optional field and should probably only be added if the poker site supports it properly.

also, I dont think we need dealer chats, and if we do, it wont be under playerid. Its possible a player could have the name "Dealer".
Old 08-09-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, I dont think we need dealer chats, and if we do, it wont be under playerid. Its possible a player could have the name "Dealer".

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO my example of a disconnect protect kicking in is at least of some usefulness. There are also situations where someone has timed out and the other player minbets because he knows this will auto-fold the other player. I see this a lot in tournaments.

The information could maybe be deducted from looking at how the action went. For example a check instead of a call with the player staying in the hand could let us conclude that an all-in protection kicked in.

I don't really see how we can detect the latter example though. We can't assume that someone timed out when he folds to a 1bb bet in a 100bb pot because some players actually do that. But then, maybe the effect of just treating those as regular play is not really noticeable.

Good point about the player name "Dealer".
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerHandXML Version 0.1

I've restarted the version count to 0.1 to make this easier. Since this thread seems to have lost momentum, I have edited my previous XML document and added the following changes:

1. Renamed <texasholdemhand> to <pokerhand> with the element "game". This indicates what game is being played inside that particular <pokerhand>.

2. Added the element <hands> to the <results> element, which is completely optional. It lists the known hands and a textual representation. This needs to be added because most poker hand histories do give a textual representation of the rank of the shown hands. If this isn't included in the hand history, how will programs figure it out? I do not know of any programs that let you input 7 cards and have it return the best poker hand (perhaps that is a good idea to make) with a textual representation. BUT if someone did have access to said program, why should they not be allowed to include it in the pokerhand XML so that applications can take advantage of this? LegoPoker HH converter displays a textual representation of each hand is parses (if available) and I'd like the format to support this. If you dont like it - dont use it - all applications should be set up to work properly without it since its optional.

3. Added the arrtibute "hidden" to the <card> element. If the card is a downcard to that player and is not visible to other players, mark this true. Default is true so you only need to specify this attribute if the card is to a player and is not hidden (stud for ex).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it looks really great! I think the basic structure is nailed down. I think it is good enough to begin the work on a hand history converter (as it probably will change the details of the specification when the problem is better understod). One thing that came to mind though is that an attribute "active" or similar is needed for all the players specifiying if they are participating in the hand or sitting out.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:09 PM

For sitting out players, their seats could be indicated as for 100 more.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerHandXML Version 0.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Missing:
* location of the dealer

Questions:
* How are antes supposed to be listed?
* Is there actions for dead small blinds?
* Is there actions or attributes for "completes" and short raises which do/do not reopen betting?
* Is it the responsibility of the site format to XML format converter to convert things like "raise $x" to "raise to $x" and to add the "return uncalled bet of $x" and subtract it from winnings for sites that report it differently?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:53 PM

Like it's was said before i'm in favor of a predeal type of round for blind, and blind should be defined like we define an action, but we can use a "blind" tag

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

&lt;round id="predeal"&gt;
&lt;blind type="sb" playerid="Tickner" amount="20" /&gt;
&lt;blind type="bb" playerid="sbrugby" amount="40" allin="true" /&gt;
&lt;blind type="bb+sb" playerid="aplayer" amount="60" /&gt;
&lt;/round&gt;

</pre><hr />

The cards section should be defined like this with the mucked attribute (important to not loose this information

&lt;cards playerid="Tickner"&gt;
&lt;card value="Ah" /&gt;
&lt;card value="Ac" /&gt;
&lt;/cards&gt;

&lt;cards playerid="durrr"&gt;
&lt;card value="Kh" /&gt;
&lt;card value="Kc" /&gt;
&lt;/cards&gt;

&lt;cards playerid="sbrugby" mucked = "true"&gt;
&lt;card value="Qh" /&gt;
&lt;card value="Qc" /&gt;
&lt;/cards&gt;

</pre><hr />
Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is nothing wrong with this I would like to start working on the official documentation and converter so we can move into the beta stage. Let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do the officials schemas will be stored? My suggestion is to create an public open source converter than containt and maintain the official schemas files and documentions.

[ QUOTE ]

My only issue is: How should we deal with tournaments?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure of what you mean here, but tournament history should be in a other schema that included pokerXMLHand schema.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:04 PM

I still think there's a lot of info included that doesn't need to be there. Also there are too many optional fields IMO.

Lastly, why are rounds hard tagged with game specific names?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like it's was said before i'm in favor of a predeal type of round for blind, and blind should be defined like we define an action, but we can use a "blind" tag

&lt;round id="predeal"&gt;
&lt;blind type="sb" playerid="Tickner" amount="20" /&gt;
&lt;blind type="bb" playerid="sbrugby" amount="40" allin="true" /&gt;
&lt;blind type="bb+sb" playerid="aplayer" amount="60" /&gt;
&lt;/round&gt;

</pre><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch! I thought this is what I read when I saw the forced section but it wasn't. I recommend exactly what JackStrap wrote above. Also, this is the section that should contain the antes and dead small blind stuff.