Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First you call people "lunatics" and what was it "nutbagz"? and then say they are emotional. Now you say Liberals are full of anger, and then you say you HATE DC liberals AND republicans?

See, that seems to me to be a contradiction. But I have wasted enough time with you. The plain fact of the matter is I am so much better than you will ever be. I doubt there is anything you can do in this life to equalize our worth because you are so full of ignorance, but despite your foolishness, at least don't delude yourself to this fact, you are much the lesser man.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! OK, pal.

Contradiction? You say that as if those Republicans in Washington are conservative...

You're right, best friends we will probably not be... Damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try not to hate anybody, it pollutes your mind. We are the same on the higher sphere. (I'm better than you down here [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 10-06-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are the same on the higher sphere. (I'm better than you down here)

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a great line for a spiritual hip hop artist to use!
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Rathergate

/argument

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, GREAT point. I forgot the 2004 election cycle only had one news story that ever aired. I'd like to do the stand up/slow clap thing here, but I'm not so good at typing that out.

Oh wait! Here it is:

[ QUOTE ]
...............clap............................... ................clap...........
...............clap................clap........... ....clap...........clap........
..clap........clap.....clap....clap...clap..clap.c lapclapclapclapclapclapclap

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh nice comeback to the rathergate embarrassment. come on low key defend cnn.... try and convice me that fox news is worse after cnn's blatant attempt to sway an election
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who think Cnn or MSNBC are as left as Fox News is right are either oblivious to the world or have no brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who cant distinguish between news commentary and pundits and the actual reporting of the news have no brain.....

yes, obv fox is much more right wing in regards to their pundits/commentaries, but the ACTUAL reporting of the news, the cold hard facts, is much more fair than the "news" reported by CNN, I really dont see how this is even up for debate. Do I think every news networks is biased when reporting the news...yes, obv, but to say that CNN is rightwing (lowdown) drops my jaw, and reveals how blind some people really are to reality because of their retarded biases, on the otherhand, only a 16 year old kid would ever come to that conclusion, and makes me happy that at least the children are getting involved nowadays.

But, back to the topic at hand, if you can not see how the democrats are depending and dare I say even hoping from the outset for a failure in iraq to up their political stature you need to open your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, who ever said that CNN had a right-wing bias?
Care to reply to the madrassa segment about Barack Obama that fox news ran (I posted a link earlier) which turned out to be 100% false?

Or what about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pd6...D&index=15
Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcPF5...D&index=16

This is not good reporting of the "cold, hard facts". Please provide me with an example of CNN blatantly disorting something because of their political bias or even just bad journalism in general on that network. Also, note how almost all of the stuff that I have posted have been during news segments, not just random stuff that Bill O'Reilly has said.

[/ QUOTE ]

First link, it explicicitly says "the washington times" reports.

2nd link- I dont see what the problem with any of that is, there is a large rash of suburban homes in gated communities in cali (koreans in cali), and across the nation, of pot growing, this is fact, hell Ive been in one before, and yes, if you dont think pot growers booby trap their stock get [censored] real, the hillbillies use everything from rattle sneaks nailed into the ground to make shift trip wires w/ shot gun shells. Basically that whole critique, was that "they didnt check their facts, or where "mouthpieces for govt agents" wtf? there was no logic at all within that peice.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Rathergate

/argument

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, GREAT point. I forgot the 2004 election cycle only had one news story that ever aired. I'd like to do the stand up/slow clap thing here, but I'm not so good at typing that out.

Oh wait! Here it is:

[ QUOTE ]
...............clap............................... ................clap...........
...............clap................clap........... ....clap...........clap........
..clap........clap.....clap....clap...clap..clap.c lapclapclapclapclapclapclap

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, how about this:

Evan Thomas, assistant managing Editor of Newsweek “let the cat out of the bag” when he truthfully admitted that most News reporters wanted President George W. Bush to lose and John Kerry to win. Thomas appearing on CNN said, he “absolutely believed the media preferred Kerry and Edwards and speculated the media’s bias helped the Democrats add 5 points on Election Day. Thomas’ observation agrees with a poll taken by the Pew Research Center back in May. The group surveyed 247 journalists and found only 7% said they were conservative. The rest classified themselves either as modernists or liberals.

or how abotu these 5 stories:

(1) Rathergate: The fake documents aired on CBS’s 60 Minutes claiming George W. Bush disobeyed orders while serving in the National Guard and received favorable treatment was the height of bias hypocrisy. For weeks Dan Rather and CBS officials persistently claimed the documents were authenticated before they were aired and they stood behind them. But internet surfers and others punched so many holes into their story that finally, Rather and CBS had to admit that they had made a mistake in running the story and now find themselves in a battle to salvage their reputation. Still more question remain. Some information have suggested that there was a connection between CBS producer Mary Mapes and senior Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart as to how 60 minutes came up with this phony document.
(2) The Swift Boat Veterans Ad: Last spring, over 250 Vietnam War Veterans, including Kerry’s entire chain of command challenged his story about his heroic activities in Vietnam and later his anti-war activism. Although, many of these veterans were well respected officers, the major media at first totally ignored their side of the story and then later, without investigation of the facts, turned on these honorable men with a vengeance and did all they could to discredit all 250 Vietnam veteran and their story.
(3) The Growing Economy-Made to Look Bad: When Bill Clinton ran for re-election in 1996, unemployment was at 5.2 percent, inflation 3 percent and economic growth 2.2 percent. As George W. Bush ran for re-election unemployment was 5.4 percent, inflation 2.7 percent and economic growth near 3.7 percent. News coverage of Clinton economic data was overwhelmingly favorable, but under Bush it was just the opposite. The mainstream media had nothering good to say about the Bush economy. The numbers were near the same. Liberal bias is the only explanation for the disparity.
(4) Network’s Convention Double Standard: When Democrat speaker’s lambasted the Republicans in Boston, they were respectfully called “rock stars” by the network journalists. But the network journalists turned sour on those like Zell Miller who had some harsh words for the Democrats at the Republican Convention. CNN’s Bill Schneider and Joe Klein of Time Magazine said, the Republican Convention was belligerent, angry and ugly and they kept referring to Zell Miller’s speech as mean and hateful. Again, bias in the media is the only way to explain their actions.
(5) CBS Fictitious Draft Story: CBS correspondent Richard Sclesinger goes to an activist leader of “People Against the Draft.” This Mom tells him how she is scared to death that George W. Bush is going to reinstate the Draft and call her son into the service. Sclesinger takes this story to Dan Rather and CBS and they make a big story of it on the Evening News. The story is, if Bush is reelected he will reinstate the draft after the election. They never mentioned that the Mom, Beverly Cocco, is a leader in the “People Against the Draft” group. They also never mentioned that the Pentagon, the Republican Party and the Bush Campaign all oppose a new draft. All of this was a trumped up story by the media to hurt the Presidents’ reelection.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan Thomas, assistant managing Editor of Newsweek “let the cat out of the bag” when he truthfully admitted that most News reporters wanted President George W. Bush to lose and John Kerry to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

And? A reporter can't have political views? Professional ones manage to keep those views out of their work, though. You know, like the opposite of Clarence Thomas.

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas appearing on CNN said, he “absolutely believed the media preferred Kerry and Edwards and speculated the media’s bias helped the Democrats add 5 points on Election Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he basing that on? Oh wait, it's just speculation. So, nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
The Swift Boat Veterans Ad

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I read, the people trying to get out the 'truth' never served anywhere near Kerry.

[ QUOTE ]
Network’s Convention Double Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard a Conservative try to make a joke? It's usually pretty venomous. Evidence of this would be FNCs fake news show that tried to copy the Daily Show, but just ends up looking really mean.

Which is ironic, because on the Daily Show, some of the more mean jokes are directed at Democrats.

[ QUOTE ]
Rathergate

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they admitted that the documents were false when they finally figured it out.

[ QUOTE ]
Some information have suggested that there was a connection between CBS producer Mary Mapes and senior Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart as to how 60 minutes came up with this phony document.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a Fox News tactic.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 PM

I think the assistant managing editor is in about a 1000 times better position to "speculate" than you or I.

Why did you skip over the clinton economics piece? because you dont want to look like a complete moran?

from what you read, you were misinformed, the swift boat thing was a debacle, and made kerry look like a moron.

ARE YOU REALLY SAYING THE DEMOCRATS ARE NOT VENOMOUS...HOLY [censored]...Im done with you after that statement...jesus christ grow up.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ARE YOU REALLY SAYING THE DEMOCRATS ARE NOT VENOMOUS...HOLY [censored]...I've been done with you since I read your first post...jesus christ grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree with your sentiment. Please give us the option, mods, to ignore/block this idiot; now.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:14 PM

Yarg, someone disagrees with me, I must not be able to hear him anymore!

Guids, you argue with things like:

[ QUOTE ]
because you dont want to look like a complete moran?

[/ QUOTE ]

and then tell me:

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the feeling that pointing out the disconnect here would be lost on you, because it seems like you believe you're right no matter what.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yarg, someone disagrees with me, I must not be able to hear him anymore!

Guids, you argue with things like:

[ QUOTE ]
because you dont want to look like a complete moran?

[/ QUOTE ]

and then tell me:

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the feeling that pointing out the disconnect here would be lost on you, because it seems like you believe you're right no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, the loveable tactic that everyone likes to pull in this forum, yes, I called you names, so what. why dont you be the bigger man, ignore them, and adress the actual issues that I presented? rather that try to derail this convo and hope that I forget to call you out on the points that you completly overlooked and have no answer for in regards to liberal media bias.