Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: The decline of the Trop...

Anyone know if that still continues?

Not even close to $4 an hour.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not a fan of the Borg's chips, which is the primary reason I dont like playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Borgata is by far the best place in AC for tournaments, but they are my third or fourth choice for cash games because the chips are so difficult to handle.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a fan of the Borg's chips, which is the primary reason I dont like playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Primary? Really!?

So you avoid a room that many players consider the best in the country because the chips are a bit slippery?

I don't get it. Perhaps you can explain more...
Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Primary? Really!?

So you avoid a room that many players consider the best in the country because the chips are a bit slippery?

I don't get it. Perhaps you can explain more...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the one who posted this, but I agreed with him.

If you are playing in low limit games that are spread everywhere, and are fishy everywhere, what exactly is a better reason to like or dislike a room than the chips?

I can play 1/2 NL in a comfortable, nice looking room and get bottles of free Corona at both Borgata and Hilton. But I love the chips at Hilton and hate the chips at Borgata. Where do you think I am going to play? Of course, for those times when I want to play 10/20 Limit, I need to make a different choice.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:42 PM

Can't disagree with anything your said. But... since I can get the poker rate for a room at the Trop without much trouble and not at Borg or Taj (and my significant other likes to be close to the beach in summer), I'll keep playing there
Old 04-13-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a whim, I once took two $1 chips home from the Taj and spent about an hour cleaning one with alcohol and a little bleach and then comparing it to the other, uncleaned chip. The uncleaned chip was a dull to dark gray and the cleaned chip was blindingly white. The moral: always wash your hands after playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody told me the story once of a player who always took home a rack of white $1 chips at the end of each session. He'd run 'em through the dishwasher. Then he'd return with his spanky clean chips to play with 'em next session. You could apparently follow his chips around the table; they were so much whiter than other chips you could spot 'em in other people's stacks.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Borgata is by far the best place in AC for tournaments, but they are my third or fourth choice for cash games because the chips are so difficult to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the Borg chairs are way more comfortable for my fat butt, so this more than makes up for the chips.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the Borg chairs are way more comfortable for my fat butt, so this more than makes up for the chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and the eye candy too. As a matter of fact, the Trop waitresses match the decor and condition of the room.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM

they don't always have poker room rates on the weekend...sometimes you can't get a poker room on the weekends
Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Lots of luck getting Columbia Sussex (current ownership) to put any money into the joint. It's only going to get worse.