Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Stars Paper Check Monitoring Thread

Anyone else playing the nervous waiting game here? So far, I haven't heard of any problems yet, but I'd love to hear some success (or even failure) stories of trying to deposit any paper checks from Stars since, say, Thursday.

I'm expecting an "over $1k" check from Stars via courier. I requested it Wednesday night and followed up with Stars support, but got generic, unconvincing responses that sounded as if "nothing had changed".

After seeing the Bodog situation and Full Tilt suspending paper checks, hopefully temporarily, I'm feeling a bit nervous. To be clear, I have yet to hear about any Stars paper checks having problems, but hopefully, this thread can become the depository.

So have at it, any other Stars paper check stories to follow?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Stars Paper Check Monitoring Thread

Venetian,

Would you post in this thread when you receive your check and how easy it was for you to process once you get it?

Also, the cashout amount has to be greater than or equal to $1,000 to be able to get it sent via courier, correct?

Thanks in advance,

Les
Old 01-20-2007, 01:36 AM

are stars checks US checks? i've gotten checks from other sites before and they've all been international (hold for week, can't cash). are stars checks the same way?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:41 AM

I have been getting checks from Stars for the last year now, never a problem. Just deposited one today and no problem also.

Their checks go through chexx. inc. or something like that.No where does it say PokerStars on it. So there is no real reason to have a problem with checks from stars.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:47 AM

I'll definitely follow up, especially if nobody else has a similar story prior to receiving the check.

Prior to all this crap, from what I've been told and read from Stars, the check arrives within 1-3 days of processing. They process Monday - Thursday only. On their site, at the time, it mentioned you should expect a check within seven business days.

Oh, also, there was something about the courier (UPS/FedEx, I believe) calling you prior to delivery, so to make sure your phone number is correct.

I will update if I receive call or check and when I try to deposit and when it clears/is denied.

For the record, I have never used any method other than Neteller to cash out and never had any problems in the past. I have an account with a major bank (I'll reveal at success/fail point).

What really sucks is that I will need these funds for some monthly expenses and I could have easily cashed the amount out anytime since about Christmas.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:49 AM

Thanks, Dr. Olson, assuming you're the same from Stars. That makes me feel quite a bit better.

Also, yeah, it has to be over $1,000 for courier. Otherwise, regular mail, 15 days.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:51 AM

I got a $300 check from PokerStars about three weeks ago and didn't have any problems. It took about ten days to receive and didn't have any trouble.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are stars checks US checks? i've gotten checks from other sites before and they've all been international (hold for week, can't cash). are stars checks the same way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the country probably. I know in Canada, when you request in CAD funds, you get a cheque from a major Canadian bank. If you request in USD it comes from a US bank.

Never had any problems the past year clearing Stars cheques. Just the standard 7 day wait.

Stars delivery time. Under 1k = ~10 days, over 1k = 2 days (Fedex).
Old 01-20-2007, 01:58 AM

Yes, same from Stars. Stars does mention something about being phoned when cashing out 1k or more. I have never receieved a phone call though. You will need to have someone home to sign for the check, thats about it.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After seeing the Bodog situation and Full Tilt suspending paper checks, hopefully temporarily, I'm feeling a bit nervous. To be clear, I have yet to hear about any Stars paper checks having problems, but hopefully, this thread can become the depository.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there new info on Full Tilt? the following was posted in the check thread that started re: Bodog:
[ QUOTE ]

Ross,

One more thing. Are there any issues with Americans cashing paper
checks? I have always thought this was a method of funds transfer that
would not go away, but I hear that a check from BoDog is not cashable in
the US. It obviously made me wonder if the same is true for FTP as I
play here exclusively.

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for concern.

Currently, there is no conflict with issuing American residents with a
check. However, if this happens to be an issue in the future, rest
assured there will be enough information in advance for customers to
adjust.

Thanks again Ryan, and if there's anything else we can help you with,
please let us know.

Regards,

Ross
Full Tilt Poker Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember that no one will ever ask you for your
password or account information, not even support. Please
use good common sense and keep your password a secret.

Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros.
100% Initial Deposit Bonus - www.fulltiltpoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I emailed Stars today to ask that my withdrawal options be changed so I don't have to withdraw the most recent deposit back to neteller (obv) so that I can request paper checks, and I asked if paper checks were still viable. I'll post a response here when I get one.