Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

It seems the focus of this thread is on the 100NL and 200NL games. I have been in and out of these levels, as a "regular" over the past 2-3 years.

I am sure many of you already do this, but I find it helpful to occasionally check out the Misc.Stats tab in Pokertracker and see how I am doing against my most frequent opponents. It is rare to find any big surprises one way or the other, but it can help identify who may be giving you problems (amount lost to), and why that may be (lose too many big pots, getting out played, etc.).

I don't have any specific comments on any certain players, just that many of you are very good players.... and yes I make some really terrible plays at times.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Karl,

I am not putting you down just saying your a tight player. I respect your play and I know you are a winning player my intent was not to drag your name throught the mud and I hope
I didn't offend you, you have alway's been a pleasant player to play with.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:07 PM

jack,

I am aware of how I play and how most others perceive my play. I could never be offended by, well, anything.

Good luck.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 PM

I wonder why Bostonhitman hasn't moved up. He's been at NL100 forever and I'm sure he's beating them at a decent clip.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 AM

I <3 you karl. I'd <3 you ever more if you'd stop exploiting my limping in early position [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Here is the secret to my success:

I frustrate otherwise nitty regs into playing back at me in horribly spewy ways. But lately they always manage to suck out. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $343
MP: $495.55
CO: $209
BTN: $232.75
SB: $198.65
Hero (BB): $215.05
UTG: $433

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $48</font>, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($97) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $184.75 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $167.05 and is All-In

Turn: ($431.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($431.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $431.10 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON $428.10 (+$213.05 NET)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$215.05 NET)
<font color="blue"> Expert min-4bet pf and flop shove... </font>

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $257.35
MP: $239.40
CO: $223.95
Hero (BTN): $368.25
SB: $300.90
BB: $199
UTG: $190

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $16

Flop: ($49) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $180</font>, BB calls $145 and is All-In

Turn: ($399) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($399) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $399 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$199 NET)
BB showed 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Four to Eight) and WON $396 (+$197 NET)
<font color="blue"> 3-betting with 74o... talk about playing back just for the sake of it... </font>
Old 11-22-2007, 12:35 AM

you probly steal 40% almost... seems reasonable.

flop play is terrible though... really
Old 11-22-2007, 01:01 AM

On Karl:

Do you play different at different stakes? I think you might know 9/7 can beat 100nl, but I don't have you playing anything like that when you are playing 400nl+
Old 11-22-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today I decided to put a bit of money into Stars after playing party for a good while. I couldn't get that much in there so I had to drop down to 200NL. From what I saw the games were terrible.

Lots of tables with a VPIP &lt; 15, lots of tables full of nits just grinding against each other, why do they play that table without a single person over 15?

I knew there were nits and then I ran into players like futilewar, EurekaKid, bryanboyd, petrodactyl6, etc all who play less than 10% of hands, are they making any money, like who pays these guys off?

Anyway just wondering how long the games have been this bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah petrodactly is pretty good player and his vp$ip is higher than 10. Also I agree that the tables are nitty but there are donks and plenty of them still mixed in @ the tables you just have to know how to look for them. The tables appear nittier becasue there are 6-7 nitty regs at every table now. The other 3 players you named are all very exploitable and easy to beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya Im not sure on their exact stats as I only had a 100 or so hands on them. Anyway I was just surprised at the amount of super nits at that level. Going to have to check out the higher stakes games and if they're like that back to party i guess
Old 11-22-2007, 01:56 AM

TheProdigy:

My stats will vary substantially based on lineup, table position, number of tables I am playing, familiarity with opponents, and to a lesser degree - table stakes. I don't play 16/11 or 9/7 or any specific style everyday.

I notice opinions on my style in this thread vary from nit to beast, so I suppose it depends when, where, and why I was playing that way.

It is true that I make many mistakes and am probably very exploitable by the best players.