Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 11:03 AM

Default FTP Answers 4/2

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=9722963

1. "the fonts are now very blurry" "I really hate the ClearType fonts, too." "The new font is so bad." "Seriously this font is starting to give me a head ache."

- Okay, okay! We hear you and should have much more readable default fonts soon. Hopefully by the end of the week.

2. Anyone elses chips blurring?

- Chips and cards definitely look blurry when you make the table size larger than default. This is something else we'll be addressing in the font update.

3. "Does the new resizable tables FT use more comp resources then older versions?" "even w/out PA hud running, FT is hogging resources bad.. any help???" "now instead of taking a couple hours to get the yellow screen crash, it only takes a few minutes."

- It would be really helpful if when you post about crashes or performance issues if you could also post some basic system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, other relevant programs running at the time, etc) because that would really help out the people trying to replicate these problems. To be honest, although I've seen the screenshot and heard you mention it a good number of times, I've never seen this yellow screen crash on any machine. And I've seen FTP on a lot of machines. I'm really sorry you're having such a frustrating experience running the software.

As far as the resource issues/lag goes, we're looking into why some people are experiencing sluggishness (when not running PA HUD) now when they weren't before. However, in all of the computers we've looked at (including a number barely at the minimum specs) the new update was only 5-10% higher in CPU utilization and ran FTP just fine. Letting us know your system specs will go a long way towards helping us isolate the problem.

The PA HUD issue is clearly a problem for a number of people, and it's a direct result of the changes we made to the way the table is drawn. I expect some improvements in this area, but I'm not sure how quickly they will happen.

4. Turn off the CENSORED "ENTER" raise or min bet crap.

- As others have mentioned, you can disable this by turning off the "Highlight bet amount" option. Enough people have complained about this that we'll be changing that behavior to never steal focus on the same table (so if you're chatting and it's on you, the chat line will stay the focus). Basically the bet amount will only highlight on tables that were not in focus that you then bring to focus (and it's your turn to act).

5. how about a sit out next blind button for the fast tables?

- This is definitely happening, hopefully within the next couple of major updates.

6. The one major gripe I have with the FTP software is that the trackbar (slider) control sucks in NL & PL games. I move it half way across and bet size doesn't increase. Move a tick more and the bet size goes to 10x the original. Is this being looked at?

- Yes, this is being looked at. I don't know exactly when, but the slider is definitely due for a couple of improvements.

7. Any news on shipping of decent (ie electrical etc) items to Europe.

- I heard back from the store and they're definitely working on it. I wasn't given any kind of timeline, but hopefully we get something going sooner rather than later.

8. Why does a purchase from the Iron Man store take so long to process?

- It's not fully automated just yet. We have a number of "weird" options in the Iron Man store, so getting it so fulfillment is automatic is taking a good amount of work. For now "within 48 hours" is what we have to live with.

9. Re WSOP satellites, it's great that you have the "Race for the Bracelet" tourneys to win entry into WSOP preliminary events. However, how about expanding them to include games besides HE, and the infrequent HORSE and Razz tourneys, i.e., add an occasional stud, stud8, omaha and omaha hi/lo tourney to the "Race for the Bracelet" rotation.

- The Thursday and Saturday night non-NLH bracelet races are pretty much it for this year's version. PLO is in the rotation, though, you might have missed that. If you take a look at the participation compared to the NLH counterparts, you'll have your answer as to why there aren't more non-NLH offerings for Bracelet Races.

10. Re bonuses, while it was great that FTP offered bonuses of varying sizes to its players this month, why were these bonuses kept secret, i.e., there were no announcements about them, no e-mail notifications about them, no promtion of them, etc?

- There was an email, actually. The only people who didn't get an email are unsubscribed from our mailing list. If you're sure you're subscribed, it most likely got filtered to your junk folder or something.

11. In response to the reply you gave about the rakeback situation for those who didn't sign up through affiliates: I just read through the last two FTP Answers threads and didn't see any explanation about why this is hard to do. Can you give a brief summary of the problem in your next FTP Answered thread?

- Question number 3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=8602033

12. Please can you make more of the bigger tournaments Euro-friendly. For example, the $400k on Sundays doesn't start until 11pm UK time. The same goes for the recent FTOPS events. I can understand it during the week as most US guys wouldn't be able to play, but weekends? Surely there can be more flexibility.

- We're definitely looking at adding more Euro-friendly big tournaments to the schedule. A larger rebuy event is planned for a Euro-friendly time, two events in the next FTOPS are going to start earlier, and it looks like a smaller FTOPS-like series is coming to fruition that will be totally Euro-friendly.

13. I would like to see an option to be able to lock the size of the table. I spent money to buy the 1600x1200 and always liked the size of FT tables. I do love the option but its annoying when i change it bye accident.

- As others have mentioned, using the "Manage custom layouts" functionality under the "Layout" button will allow you to immediately snap back any table you mistakenly change the size of. It's not quite locking, but it's a pretty quick and easy fix. If enough people request the functionality, I'll look into getting it in at some point.

14. Any chance that after the lag is fixed we can have a little more time to clear the recent bonuses?

- The current bonus that many people are finishing up right now won't be extended, sorry. There will be many more bonuses in the future, though.

Doug
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 4/2

Doug,

You didn't address the security issues. (there have been quite a few hack posts latley).

I suspect a rousing number of posts on this one this time around.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 AM

Thank You Doug.

What is the status of getting complete tournament summaries?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. "Does the new resizable tables FT use more comp resources then older versions?" "even w/out PA hud running, FT is hogging resources bad.. any help???" "now instead of taking a couple hours to get the yellow screen crash, it only takes a few minutes."

- It would be really helpful if when you post about crashes or performance issues if you could also post some basic system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, other relevant programs running at the time, etc) because that would really help out the people trying to replicate these problems. To be honest, although I've seen the screenshot and heard you mention it a good number of times, I've never seen this yellow screen crash on any machine. And I've seen FTP on a lot of machines. I'm really sorry you're having such a frustrating experience running the software.

As far as the resource issues/lag goes, we're looking into why some people are experiencing sluggishness (when not running PA HUD) now when they weren't before. However, in all of the computers we've looked at (including a number barely at the minimum specs) the new update was only 5-10% higher in CPU utilization and ran FTP just fine. Letting us know your system specs will go a long way towards helping us isolate the problem.

The PA HUD issue is clearly a problem for a number of people, and it's a direct result of the changes we made to the way the table is drawn. I expect some improvements in this area, but I'm not sure how quickly they will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im using XP with half a gig of ram and 4 tabling causes some annoying lag. Using PT and gametime + causes unbearable lag and using one table with PAHUD up will slow my computer to a crawl with one table.

This should seriously be a number one priority I mean I cant multitable at the site (I cant play with any of the lags) and I had to put money on Stars for the first time ever. Im the most loyal FT fan and I usually play there exclusively but obviously not being able to multitable I had to move a lot of my play.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Hello Doug!

How about some information/comments on the status of:
New US Deposit methods & Tourney $$'s.
Also how about "Un-TURBO-ing" The $265 SnG to the Thursday 1K ....
Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
3.20GHz, 2.99GB of RAM
140gb hard drive

I can't play more than 7 tables w/o lag. I used to be able play at least 11/time.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, Doug (especially since #s 5,6,8,9 and 10 reply to questions I raised in the original referenced thread).

Re #8, my most recent purchase from the Iron Man Store was not concluded "within 48 hours." In fact it took more than 72 hours, and indeed the lack of automation related to the Iron Man web page in general is annoying.

However, now that I know what to expect, this is a rather minor frustration.

"Keep up the good work" in this case means: continue to effectively manage our expectations.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop windows media xp
Dual Core 1.6ghz T2050 1 gig of ram
Basically it runs ok at 8 tables.... (animation disables)
I did have the yellow screen once for like 2 secs.
Other than that, it is a resource hog, so I have to turn off alot of programs when running the FTP client whereas before I didn't have too.

Barrin6
Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM

SECURITY PROBLEMS ARE REALLY BOTHERING ME AND IT BOTHERS ME EVEN MORE THAT YOU DID NOT EVEN MENTION IT. YOU CAN SKIP ALL THE OTHER QUESTIONS AND JUST ANSWER THIS RIGHT NOW!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
11. In response to the reply you gave about the rakeback situation for those who didn't sign up through affiliates: I just read through the last two FTP Answers threads and didn't see any explanation about why this is hard to do. Can you give a brief summary of the problem in your next FTP Answered thread?

- Question number 3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ber=8602033<br />
[/ QUOTE ]
In one of the other threads someone suggested letting a new affiliate offer the current affiliate a buyout. This seems like a pretty good solution to me.