Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about sucking out?
Bad because I got my money in behind. 62 24.22%
Bad because getting sucked out on sucks and I feel their pain 8 3.13%
Good because I have been sucked out on and revenge is sweet 70 27.34%
Good because winning beats losing 116 45.31%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Who Do You Feel is WSOP-POTY

Do you feel the wsop scoring system is accurate, or would you vote one of these performances more worthy. Here are the stats, you decide what is more important to you: versatility (various games), big fields, overall money, making it count and not folding to a cash.

Tom Schneider ($416,829):
Event 5: 1st/327 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better
Event 16: 4th/382 H.O.R.S.E.
Event 46: 1st/668 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better

Jeff Lisandro ($457,309):
Event 7: 13/145 Pot Limit Omaha W/Rebuys
Event 13: 2nd/398 World Championship Pot Limit Hold'em
Event 32: 1st/213 Seven Card Stud
Event 40: 18/620 Mixed Hold'em limit/no-limit
Event 46: 62/668 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better

Robert Mizrachi ($861,138)
Event 5: 26/327 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better
Event 9: 40/690 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better
Event 16: 6th/382 H.O.R.S.E.
Event 26: 5th/192 H.O.R.S.E.
Event 50: 1st/314 World Championship Pot-Limit Omaha

Phil Hellmuth ($738,724)
Event 10: 104/1,531 No-Limit Hold'em
Event 15: 1st/2,628 No-Limit Hold'em
Event 28: 6th/827 No-Limit Hold'em
Event 34: 25th/296 Limit Hold'em
Event 45: 31st/728 No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed
Event 52: 95/1,048 No Limit Holdem w/ rebuys

Freddy Deeb ($2,291,489)
Event 4: 45/481 Pot Limit Hold'em
Event 30: 27/847 No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed
Event 39: 1st/148 World Championship H.O.R.S.E.

note: Michael Binger can be argued, but I figured most people would agree you need to win a bracelet to be considered
Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Who Do You Feel is WSOP-POTY

also, please say why you voted the way you did. I voted Robert because the variety of games he did well in...even though one deep NL cash would have made his case much stronger...I also feel that winning double the money Tom did gives Robbie a slightly better series
Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

note: Michael Binger can be argued, but I figured most people would agree you need to win a bracelet to be considered

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not agree; I value consistency over getting lucky once the blinds reach all-in slapfight stage. One vote for Binger.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:57 AM

I think the $50k HORSE was WAY more of a crapshoot this year, so I wouldn't vote Deeb. I wouldn't vote Hellmouth cos he's a tool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and he can only play Hold Them. I think it's close between the other three who've all had an amazing Series. Given the recent thread about Lisandro making $1m a year over 9 years and since he's also a top cash game player, I think that swings my vote - he's an amazingly solid player.

PS I thought this was going to be a poll for WSOP Post of the Year and I was planning to vote Bond [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the $50k HORSE was WAY more of a crapshoot this year, so I wouldn't vote Deeb. I wouldn't vote Hellmouth cos he's a tool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and he can only play Hold Them. I think it's close between the other three who've all had an amazing Series. Given the recent thread about Lisandro making $1m a year over 9 years and since he's also a top cash game player, I think that swings my vote - he's an amazingly solid player.

PS I thought this was going to be a poll for WSOP Post of the Year and I was planning to vote Bond [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the "rules" for the POY, the Seniors, Ladies, 50k HORSE and ME are not used in calculating points. So Deeb's results don't count for it...

& what about Shaundeeb? you want to talk about consistency, Mr. 27 deserves some credit... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the "rules" for the POY, the Seniors, Ladies, 50k HORSE and ME are not used in calculating points. So Deeb's results don't count for it...

& what about Shaundeeb? you want to talk about consistency, Mr. 27 deserves some credit... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read my post, this was designed to throw the rules out and truly see who the player of the year is....i don't see why the horse event should not count as it is an open event...no one is going to vote for deeb as seems but as the leading money winner he should still have been an option...the only reason I didn't include binger was because I thought he had no shot of winning the poll so i figured there was no point...he certainly does belong in it though
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 PM

It's tough not to give it to Schneider with two bracelets...but I voted for Rob anyway because his PLO win was a $10k buyin versus a redonkulous field. He also has two more cashes than Schneider, and made more $$.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read my post, this was designed to throw the rules out and truly see who the player of the year is....i don't see why the horse event should not count as it is an open event...no one is going to vote for deeb as seems but as the leading money winner he should still have been an option...the only reason I didn't include binger was because I thought he had no shot of winning the poll so i figured there was no point...he certainly does belong in it though

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man - wasn't being clear. I was just responding to Cat's comment that the HORSE tourney was a crapshoot this year. Wasn't saying that you shouldn't have included it in your poll...
Old 07-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Because I could do it:

WSOP-POY using the PokerStars TLB formula:

Phil Hellmuth 3346.15 (2100+ from his bracelet win)
Tom Schneider 2258.94
Michael Binger 2151.34
Robert Mizrachi 1857.53
Jeff Lisandro 1823.93
Freddy Deeb 1076.17
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Tom Schneider barring a heroic main event from a few contenders.