Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Default 50NL Misclick leads to difficult decision with overpair on flop

No stats/reads on the flop i meant to bet $3 but accidently minbet so wasn't sure if that induced a raise so i 3bet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $14.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $74.55</font>, Hero???
Old 10-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 50NL Misclick leads to difficult decision with overpair on flop

Your misclick line looks pretty strong so this looks to me like a set or a combo draw...9 set combos as well as combo draw combos as follows: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and maybe 3 or 4 FD+overs. I think I fold this unless you started with less than a full stack.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:06 PM

I would fold here as well. If you have a higher pair then this becomes alot closer though. As played, you 3 bet on a ragged flop and villain is still pushing. I think best case scenario this is close to a flip with him having a draw with overs, you slightly behind to a combo draw, or you crushed to a set. The only reasonable overpair here is 99, I doubt villain does this with a pocket pair like 66 or 77.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 PM

Your 3bet size is really sloppy. Make it smaller, like 11-&gt;12 dollars and fold to a raise.

When you make this raise understand that your forcing him to play perfectly, but because you minbet he may be raising his entire range. With a hand like TT, which can't really face any heat on the turn or river, your probably better off ending the hand immediately (ie. bluffing) rather than just calling the bet.

However, this play is obviously better with KQ/AK than TT.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM

jesus, 3bet/folding this flop is soooooo bad.

his range is sets/draws and probably some random pairs and A8 type hands. after you screw the flop bet up, just call his raise and lead blank turns, bet/folding.

Once you 3bet the flop, you need to get it in (assuming you started the hand with 100bbish) his range has too many draws and your line is wacky so i expect him to show up with A8/99 plenty in addition to all the draws.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM

fwiw i think villain started with like 40 or something a little less than full stack

also i'm curious about the 3bet givin how the hand was played