Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: What it do micros?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if that's your range, are you advocating a fold on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my range is wider, but yes I am advocating a fold on the river.

Depending on your image, I may advocate a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you gotta remember... I don't know NL. You need to explain yourself a little more. If your range is larger, what exactly is it? If you say to raise the turn, how much and am I folding to a 3-bet? Now that I think about it, I hate the idea of 3-betting the turn... with top pair I'd like to try to control the size of the pot, right? Raising will only bloat the pot and all hell will break loose.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you gotta remember... I don't know NL. You need to explain yourself a little more. If your range is larger, what exactly is it? If you say to raise the turn, how much and am I folding to a 3-bet? Now that I think about it, I hate the idea of 3-betting the turn... with top pair I'd like to try to control the size of the pot, right? Raising will only bloat the pot and all hell will break loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should control the pot, but against a nit a turn raise may take it down. This is a risky move, but one that can be profitable.

How many hands do you have on him? Any specific reads?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:31 PM

AK is a very different hand in Limit then it is in NL. Especially in a circumstance like this. In limit the cold call is ok. You have position and don't mind the pot being multi-way. If you flop top pair and are behind. You lose a few bets relative to the size of the pot. not too big a deal the times this happens vs the times it doesn't.

The problem in NL is that when you do flop top pair and are behind, it can cost you a lot of money relative to the size of the pot. In other words your hand plays very well preflop but not so much post flop. Especially multiway. That being said you want to get the pot heads up or go to war preflop. The only hands you are worried about are KK and AA. but you have those cards in your hand already, so the likely hood of them being out are slightly lessoned. I think you need to raise big preflop and take it down then or get heads up against another hand. The only difficult issue is the bet sizing. I like a bigger raise. Some where between 12 and 18 dollars. You are basically saying you are willing to showdown your hand. This should fold a large number of hands that have you beat. I.E. pocket pairs JJ and <. You don't mind a shove from MP1 in this spot. A shove or call from MP2 puts you in a tough spot. But probably still better then going into a flop in a big pot multi-way with ace high.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:31 PM

I totally misread the hand but given how it went, I am folding the river. Even though no one showed interest on the flop, SB led out into 5 others on the turn. It looks like he may have had a big hand and was looking for a c/r trapping some of the field. On the turn, I would be trying to get to showdown as cheaply as possible and on the river it isn't possible so I'm tossing it.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM

reraising pre is a good idea here since AK plays terrible in a big multi way pot in NL.

but as played u HAVE TO FOLD THE RIVER. wut exactly r u beating that plays this line. the answere is NOTHING. id say based on the way he played this u will b lucky to split.

his range is AK, AA, set, 2 pair (pretty unlikely given ur read that he is a nit).

there is no way a nit plays KQ or QQ or n e other marginal hand like this. this is a fold on the river all day and it isnt close.

u have 1 pair and are playin a jinormous pot againt a nit. this is bad news every time.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:45 PM

LOL @ Full Ring.

Switch to 6max.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:57 PM

Please fold the river - given the action the most optimistic result is a chop with AK. But I think SB has a set and was trying to C/R the flop. 88 99 or 33.

It is ok to fold AK to a reraise if you think the 3 bettor is tight/nitty preflop. I reraise with AK especially if the table has seen you 4 bet with AA/KK. Don't really like coldcalling but its not so bad. In hindsight, your call probably gave SB the implied odds to spike a set with a pocket pair. Given the action and how tight he is, hes very likely to have 88 99 or 33 as he would 4 bet KK/AA I think. (well I guess he could have KK if hes nitty).

Don't forget in LHE, you make many calls on the river because of the pot odds offered to you (usually 4:1 or more). NHLE is the exact opposite where finding a fold makes a large impact on your winrate.

Hope this helps,

Roadstar