Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Flopped straight. -> ulgy turn+river

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($119.80)
UTG ($81.30)
MP ($42.70)
Button ($48.20)
SB ($20.25)

Villain 39.4/32.1

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], K[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]1 fold</font>, [color=Red]MP raises to $1</font>, [color=Gray]2 folds</font>, [color=Red]Hero raises to $3.25</font>, MP calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.75) 9[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], T[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: ($6.75) 9[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $5.5</font>, MP calls $5.50.

River: ($17.75) 5[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=Red]MP bets $33.95 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $33.95.

Final Pot: $85.65

I dont bet the flop, because Villain bet the flop almost everytime. How often does he bluff the river? or is it to obv that he may have the flush?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Flopped straight. -> ulgy turn+river

This hand is not good.

Preflop is usually a fold, here. You're going to be OOP against a player who likes his hand and you're holding a weak and easily dominated hand -- I would usually just let it go and wait for a better spot.

Flop is TERRIBLE. You've got the betting lead, and checking is extremely suspicious. You flopped the nuts and your holding is extremely vulnerable -- bombs away! Bet whatever you'd normally c-bet with, or possibly even a bit higher if you think you can get away with it. Build that pot fast, and quit screwing around.

As played, the turn looks fine. I'm not really scared by that 9, after all; unless villain flopped a set and decided to slowplay on the scariest board ever, you're still quite safe. Betting is the right choice.

Don't check this river -- it invites bluffs that you really don't want to deal with. I'm betting $10 and probably folding to a push, depending on my read for MP. As played, this is an instafold for me -- I'm not willing to bet that my hand is best 40% of the time, which is what I need to call here.

Had you bet the flop and turn strongly, this would have been an EASY river push. As it stands, I think it's a bet/fold. Given that you checked you pretty much have to call the push, but I'm only checking this river if I have a SOLID read that villain will bluff often and hard when I do so. On this board I just don't want to deal with that kind of bluff.