Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Memo: Sean Taylor is not good in coverage.

Edit: According to the FO game charting project in 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you citing stats from last season? Because I will agree, Sean Taylor was not that good last year. And the entire defense was terrible. Sean Taylor of 2007 made huge improvements. I don't have stats to back that up, but there's a reason everyone here is saying we would have won today if Taylor was playing. He's made a huge difference in our secondary this year.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you citing stats from last season? Because I will agree, Sean Taylor was not that good last year. And the entire defense was terrible. Sean Taylor of 2007 made huge improvements. I don't have stats to back that up, but there's a reason everyone here is saying we would have won today if Taylor was playing. He's made a huge difference in our secondary this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you know if the cowboys didnt give up 23 points it woulda been a shutout?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you know if the cowboys didnt give up 23 points it woulda been a shutout?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that most skins fans right now are thinking that we're only 1 game behind Detroit for the final wildcard spot while our remaining schedule is much easier than theirs, and our QB is playing excellent, our receivers are finally catching balls, and our defense played decently without two very important starters in our secondary? I'm guessing you didn't, otherwise you would have understood everyone's earlier comments.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 AM

I feel dirty bringing up playoffs at this point, but we really need to win our next 4 to have any chance. It's not out of the question, but we need to step our defensive game up big time (and hopefully get Taylor back, because clearly we're lost without him and CLEARLY he's the best safety in the NFL). Tampa, Buffalo, Chicago, Giants. None are easy; all are winnable.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:55 AM

IMO:

Looks like a 4 team race for the 2nd wild card spot if you go by record. Detroit at 6-4, Arizona, Philly, and us at 5-5.

However:

Arizona plays: SF, CLE, SEA, NO, ATL, STL. Arizona should easily beat SF, STL, and ATL, with more difficult but still easily winnable games vs SEA, NO, and CLE. IMO Arizona currently has the best shot at the 2nd WC, which makes my head explode. Arizona likely finishes with 9-10 wins. They have a tiebreaker vs Detroit, who they beat.

Detroit has a brutal schedule and without a lot of luck they have no chance at this. 2x GB, DAL, SD, MIN, KC. Detroit will be lucky to get 2 wins out of there, and will likely finish 8-8.

Philly has an even more brutal schedule than Detroit (and now no longer has their starting QB, for better or worse). NE, SEA, NYG, DAL, NO, BUF. They play 3 of the top 5 teams, along with another playoff team in Seattle. Philly will be lucky to finish 7-9.

Skins schedule is easy by comparison to Philly or Detroit, but they will still face several playoff teams. TB, BUF, CHI, NYG, MIN, DAL. Going to need at least 4 wins at the very minimum, and thats counting on Arizona to choke. Luckily with DAL at the end of the year, DAL will have clinched the division by then, meaning they will hopefully sit some players.

Not too positive. I really think Zona might get the WC, their schedule is ridiculously easy.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO:

Looks like a 4 team race for the 2nd wild card spot if you go by record. Detroit at 6-4, Arizona, Philly, and us at 5-5.

However:

Arizona plays: SF, CLE, SEA, NO, ATL, STL. Arizona should easily beat SF, STL, and ATL, with more difficult but still easily winnable games vs SEA, NO, and CLE. IMO Arizona currently has the best shot at the 2nd WC, which makes my head explode. Arizona likely finishes with 9-10 wins. They have a tiebreaker vs Detroit, who they beat.

Detroit has a brutal schedule and without a lot of luck they have no chance at this. 2x GB, DAL, SD, MIN, KC. Detroit will be lucky to get 2 wins out of there, and will likely finish 8-8.

Philly has an even more brutal schedule than Detroit (and now no longer has their starting QB, for better or worse). NE, SEA, NYG, DAL, NO, BUF. They play 3 of the top 5 teams, along with another playoff team in Seattle. Philly will be lucky to finish 7-9.

Skins schedule is easy by comparison to Philly or Detroit, but they will still face several playoff teams. TB, BUF, CHI, NYG, MIN, DAL. Going to need at least 4 wins at the very minimum, and thats counting on Arizona to choke. Luckily with DAL at the end of the year, DAL will have clinched the division by then, meaning they will hopefully sit some players.

Not too positive. I really think Zona might get the WC, their schedule is ridiculously easy.

[/ QUOTE ]
But then again, it's Zona. Perennial chokers and a team that hasn't really proven much this year. I could definitely see them dropping one of the SF, STL, or ATL games (banking on STL, if Jackson stays healthy). IMO, the Skins can only really afford one more loss.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Loss of Taylor lost us the game. Campbell is a stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<3 Both of them. Gibbs too. I think its hard to say its guaranteed Taylor would be the difference in todays game since it seemed like they were blown coverages and not missed plays. Well probably at least one of them doesn't happen but then its a different game and would still be very tough for us. I only saw the 2nd half though so I could be wrong. He 100% would have been the difference in the Eagles game, no way he lets that fluky td happen towards the end of that game.
Redskins are hard to watch this year, I want them to win so badly and I like the team we have but stupid mistakes seem to be getting in the way too often(more of generalization about close games than this one in particular).

Also do more to make sure Cooley gets involved pls.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 AM

We do hold the tiebreaker over Arizona and Detroit, and as of right now have a slightly better conference record than Philly. We're the favorites to take the 6th WC imo.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:56 AM

Washington and Arizona are probably about even money at this point. Detroit is next, then Philly (assuming McNabb is ok).
Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 AM

fwiw if wash plays offense like they did today for the rest of the season they should be the last WC