Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Maniac preflop shoves - Need a range

Villain is a bit tilted, and shoving over raises every other hand. Think hes gonna leave the table in a minute. My call isnt too good, but EV meant less than taking this fools money. What is a range for calling shoves with

20bbs
40bbs
60bbs+

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $11.20
CO: $19.05
Hero (BTN): $9.85
SB: $11.15
BB: $4.35

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $4.35 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $4

Flop: ($8.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($8.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($8.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Maniac preflop shoves - Need a range

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a bit tilted, and shoving over raises every other hand. Think hes gonna leave the table in a minute. My call isnt too good, but EV meant less than taking this fools money. What is a range for calling shoves with

20bbs
40bbs
60bbs+

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it matter? It is not like villain is rational and making different decisions based on stack sizes.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 PM

If he's shoving as often as you say, I would modify my play and steal less. If you're not prepared to call the all-in don't steal. If you have a hand that is pretty good, like this one, but not willing to call the shove I would prefer open limping on the button actually.

I would still be selective about the hands I call him with. You'll have plenty of chances so wait it out. Maybe 77+, KQ, AT+, something like that.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe 77+, KQ, ATo+, something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say this is just fine for the situation. Villain has jack for a stack. Meh, I might even add down to A8s+ and toss in A5s for possibly catching a wheel. I envy you getting to play this spewtard.