Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Mayweather calls out UFC and MMA as a whole...

[ QUOTE ]
Man, its great watching guys who are comfortable on their back.

Probably the lamest/gayest [censored] to watch in the ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm squarely with TSC here. I used to watch UFC back in the Shamrock/Tank Abbot days and thought it was fine. Lots of submissions and lots of head to head boxing stuff. Then the rules changed because they considered it "Barbarism" (pssh, pussies) and now all I see is a few punches, follewed buy the guys going to the ground and hugging for a while, not very exciting.

Is there a division or specific fights that I could see to really change my perception.

Cody
Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm squarely with TSC here. I used to watch UFC back in the Shamrock/Tank Abbot days and thought it was fine. Lots of submissions and lots of head to head boxing stuff. Then the rules changed because they considered it "Barbarism" (pssh, pussies) and now all I see is a few punches, follewed buy the guys going to the ground and hugging for a while, not very exciting.

Is there a division or specific fights that I could see to really change my perception.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like grappling, then I'd say that MMA is not the sport for you. I'd recomend some form of kickboxing or something.

I love the grappling, and I find it very interesting.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like grappling, then I'd say that MMA is not the sport for you. I'd recomend some form of kickboxing or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I'm anti-grapple. As I said, I loved Ken Shamrock who was a great grappler, he could get people into submissions before they knew they were fighting, but what I see now isn't grappling. A better description might be cuddling.

Cody
Old 05-09-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I'm anti-grapple. As I said, I loved Ken Shamrock who was a great grappler, he could get people into submissions before they knew they were fighting, but what I see now isn't grappling. A better description might be cuddling.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

shamrock was able to put people in those submissions because they weren't familiar with them for the most part. The heel hook he put Kimo in when they had that superfight was pretty basic stuff. It's harder to get a guy in a submission these days because fighters are much more familiar with ground defense then they were 10 years ago
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think it would be safer if the figheters fought without gloves, but that doesn't matter to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The gloves are there to protect the hands and wrists. W/o them, they could really affect a fighters longevity.

Again, a lesson learned from early boxing.

b
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM

Floyd Mayweather VS Chuck Liddel

in a boxing ring

who wins?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

”HUGE” BOXER VS. MMA BOUT COMING SOON!

After Dana White, the UFC czar, said he’d offer Mayweather a bucket full of money to fight Sean Sherk, their 145-155 lb. champion, Duva stepped forward and said that IBF 147 lb. champ Kermit Cintron would be willing to fight the 33-year old Sherk. At 35-2-1, Sherk is a “ground and pound” guy. Cintron, now 27 years old is 27-1 with 25 KOs. White is said to “not” be interested in a Cintron vs. Sherk match. In Dave Meltzer’s latest Wrestling Observer newsletter (www.WrestlingObserver.com), Dave is saying that 1988 Olympic boxing champ Ray Mercer, now 46 years old, (34-6-1, 24 KOs) will soon fight MMA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link
Old 05-11-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Floyd Mayweather VS Chuck Liddel

in a boxing ring

who wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayweather...next question