Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Mouseless ahk-script+Stealing of keyboard focus=Cathastrophe

I use a mouseless AHK script to go from table to table. Sometimes, I think that I have one table active and tell it to fold, when really another table have been activated, where I by mistake fold (for example) pocket aces. Is there anything I can do about it?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Mouseless ahk-script+Stealing of keyboard focus=Cathastrophe

You could setup a script to select a particular table. Say for example you play 4 tables, you could have 1,2,3,4 to select each corner. In use you would press 1 to select top left, then make your usual move with whatever key you use.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 PM

That is how my script works. But the problem is this: I have, for example, selected the top left table. I have been dealt 2 7 off and I want to fold. But just the moment before I pressed the fold button, it had been my turn at another table. The focus had automatically changed to that table. So my press on the ”fold button” now, obviously by mistake, folded on that table instead. If I had been dealt pocket aces there I would have, by mistake, folded them. Do you understand?

This is only a problem on those sites that have the function ”stealing of keyboard focus”, like for example the cryptologic network.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use a mouseless AHK script to go from table to table. Sometimes, I think that I have one table active and tell it to fold, when really another table have been activated, where I by mistake fold (for example) pocket aces. Is there anything I can do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Script works flawlessly.

User does not.

Adjust, pay better attention or perhaps don't use the script when playing on those sites if it is costing you $ in mistakes
Old 07-23-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is how my script works. But the problem is this: I have, for example, selected the top left table. I have been dealt 2 7 off and I want to fold. But just the moment before I pressed the fold button, it had been my turn at another table. The focus had automatically changed to that table. So my press on the ”fold button” now, obviously by mistake, folded on that table instead. If I had been dealt pocket aces there I would have, by mistake, folded them. Do you understand?

This is only a problem on those sites that have the function ”stealing of keyboard focus”, like for example the cryptologic network.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what script you're talking about, but my logics say, if the script activate a table for you when you press a button, the script knows what table you want to act on, why should it not use that info instead of making an action on the active table when you make your move?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Have you tried TableNavigator?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what script you're talking about, but my logics say, if the script activate a table for you when you press a button, the script knows what table you want to act on, why should it not use that info instead of making an action on the active table when you make your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why:
1. I activate a table.
2. I press the fold button.
3. BUT…Just one hundredth of a second before I pressed the button, the keyboard focus was stolen (because it was my turn at another table.). Now my folding action will affect that table.

The problem is this Stealing of keyboard focus at some sites. I hate it….
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried TableNavigator?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly at a site here in Sweden, where only swedish players are allowed. I don´t think Tablenavigator support this site.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 PM

You could try to write a plug-in... I think the lobby() and tables() functions are already written for that site... should be somewhere on the noTitlbar page on overcards i think.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM

thank you, sounds interesting. I don´t know actually how Tablenavigator works or what you mean, really. But I will read about it and hopefully find out.