Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Rolex Replicas?

Ok so I've done a bit more research and came across a forum dedicated to everything replica watches, it can be found here . You need to register before you can view the forums though. I did a search on the forum of the site mentioned in the OP and they seem pretty confident that it is a scam, so I'll stay away from that site for now.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 PM

$800 seems highly overpriced imo. I bought a Longines replica for $15 in Saigon, Vietnam, back in 2000. It looked exactly like the original, kept perfect time and didn't have the slightest scratch on the glas. All in all the perfect watch, until it broke 2 years ago [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more concerned with the unsecured order form, good luck entering your CC information there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge deal and it should get more attention.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more concerned with the unsecured order form, good luck entering your CC information there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge deal and it should get more attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

as well as the fact that a "Solid 18K Gold" watch is made with 440 stainless steel
Old 07-04-2007, 07:23 PM

All of you people who say that your $15 - $50 replicas look exactly like the real thing, you must know absolutely nothing about weight of watches the bands etc etc etc. They are total pieces of garbage

I am totally unfamiliar with the $800 replicas, but just get the real thing, why spend $800 on a fake when you could spend $4k on the real thing.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am totally unfamiliar with the $800 replicas, but just get the real thing, why spend $800 on a fake when you could spend $4k on the real thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

because they're very close and you can get 5 for the price of 1 real one or save $3200? do you REALLY not understand why someone would do that?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because they're very close and you can get 5 for the price of 1 real one or save $3200? do you REALLY not understand why someone would do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I dont understand. If you're willing to make an investment of $1000 for whatever reason (impress others most likely) why wouldnt you just want to save longer and get the real thing and be satisfied with yourself? If youre going to buy a fake, why not by a real watch that is cheaper until you can afford something along the lines of a rolex?
Old 07-04-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But obviously such an expensive watch is going to tell the time flawlessly as well.

And your first sentence just reeks with stupidity and ignorance, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, actually no. No automatic watch, even Rolex, tells perfect time. All automatic movements lose or gain a few seconds a day. Rolex watches are certified by the COSC though to be within 2 seconds +/- a day.
The best advice for buying a replica is not to spend a lot. The swiss movement (if it is one) will likely be an ETA 2824-2. This is a popular swiss auto in the industry. A good one will regulate to about +/- 8 sec. a day.
If you simply want a watch with the Rolex crown on it don't invest a bunch. If you want the same look but don't necessarily need it to say Rolex you can look at a Steinhart . Same look, way better quality than a replica, and you'll save hundreds.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All of you people who say that your $15 - $50 replicas look exactly like the real thing, you must know absolutely nothing about weight of watches the bands etc etc etc. They are total pieces of garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

And you sir must have a limited knowledge about the quality replicas can have.
I forgot to mention though that none of the replicas I saw in other countries came even remotely close to what I saw in Saigon (in terms of quality / price relation).
Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I dont understand. If you're willing to make an investment of $1000 for whatever reason (impress others most likely) why wouldnt you just want to save longer and get the real thing and be satisfied with yourself? If youre going to buy a fake, why not by a real watch that is cheaper until you can afford something along the lines of a rolex?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Mason said, it's really not that complicated. If I thought that there was a very minor difference if any between the replicas and the real thing, then I would pay a fraction of the price for a replica in a heartbeat. Obviously I'd rather have a real Rolex as opposed to a replica, but real Rolex's are very expensive and while I could buy one if I wanted, I don't really think it's a wise purchase at the moment. As if it wasn't clearly already, I'm not interested in a regular watch. I want a Rolex.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But obviously such an expensive watch is going to tell the time flawlessly as well.

And your first sentence just reeks with stupidity and ignorance, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, actually no. No automatic watch, even Rolex, tells perfect time. All automatic movements lose or gain a few seconds a day. Rolex watches are certified by the COSC though to be within 2 seconds +/- a day.
The best advice for buying a replica is not to spend a lot. The swiss movement (if it is one) will likely be an ETA 2824-2. This is a popular swiss auto in the industry. A good one will regulate to about +/- 8 sec. a day.
If you simply want a watch with the Rolex crown on it don't invest a bunch. If you want the same look but don't necessarily need it to say Rolex you can look at a Steinhart . Same look, way better quality than a replica, and you'll save hundreds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, what I meant was that I'm not really too concerned about how accurate the time is on the watch. Obviously the better the time it tells the better, but it's not going to be a deciding factor for me (unless it didn't work well at all).

I found a couple good dealers that have gotten good reviews from the watch replica forum I linked to earlier. One of them can be found here.