Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Default PF decisions vs robotically tight opponents

Hey guys, I'm running into some very very tight opponents playing full ring LHE these days at stars. I'd like to look at some PF spots that occur vs these guys.

Please note that while VPIP tends to centralize very quickly, PFR doesn't centralize as quickly, and the lower the pfr%, the longer it takes to centralize (I assume this is right, wookie?).

1) Folded to MP1 (13/1.5/1.5 over 125 hands), who raises. MP2 folds, MP3 (45/25/1.5) calls, hero is CO with AQs, button and sb are tight, and BB is something like 60/40. Hero calls.

2) Folded to MP1 (26/6/1.5 over 225 hands), who raises. MP2 (13/1.5/1.5 over 225 hands) reraises. Hero folds AKo.

3) utg folds, utg+1 folds, utg+2 (13/1.5/1.5 over 225 hands) raises. Hero folds TT.

4) folded to sb (12/2.5/3.5), who raises. Hero folds JTo.

*** Not all hands happened, not all hands are "right". Just interested in getting some discussion going. More hands to come, probably. ***
Old 05-28-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: PF decisions vs robotically tight opponents

5) folded to mp1 who raises (14.6/1.9/1.6 over 160 hands)... folded to hero on button. hero folds 88.

6) folded to mp1 who calls (10/3/2.6)... hero is MP2 with KJo... hero raises??

This is neat, I think #6 is a "raise or leave" decision... i.e. no mix of preflop stats at the table could prevent me from raising this hand: really loose players make it a raise for value and really tight make it a raise for FE... therefore the only reason I'd fold the hand is if the players to my left were too tough post-flop for me to play out the rest of the hand, and therefore I'd best leave if I was going to fold here.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:53 AM

1) I only call because the cold caller is apparently bad. If he was reasonable I fold. Of course having super loose BB helps.

2) I like the fold.

3) I like the fold.

4) I want to call. Even if it's not a great spot for us I hate to fold too many blinds as others might notice and open raise more. Shrug.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:01 AM

Yeah I think #4 is actually a call because we should be able to see which flops are going to hit his limited range and get away fast.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:09 AM

1) I also call because of the bad player. I don't get excited when I hit an A.

2+3) I like.

4) I think I call, but it's close. What's his steal percentage? That's more important than his pfr here, imo. If he's stealing less than 10% I fold.

5) I like.

6) Depends highly on my image, on the players behind me (preferably also pretty tight ones) and on MP1's postflop tendecies. If he often c/foldes to c-bets I like the raise. However, given your position, I don't mind a fold as well, even if all other conditions are favorable.

Corrected an error.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4) I think I call, but it's close. What's his steal percentage? That's more important than his pfr here, imo. If he's stealing less than 10% I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in principal, but given sample size, I don't think we will have relevant info here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I mean, conceivably my hud could show 100% ASB here...
Old 05-28-2007, 06:31 AM

omg the kittens...the kittens.

1.) trey it, we have a monster AND position on the other players in a multiway pot where AQs would play marvelously

2.) Again, hero has position with a monster hand. Cap it, pansy

3.) threebet those tens! at worst behind, at slightly less worse it's a coinflip. Have you no postflop skills?

4.) easy fold because we're behind so many hands here

5.) easy fold because the blinds are yet to act and we're behind more than we're ahead. 88 isn't isoraising material vs this player.

6.) WRONG. KJos is so utterly foldable vs this granite statue. The only thing he is raising is huge pocket pairs, AK and maybe KQs

Hand ranges and postflop. That's all I have to say.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 AM

You sir are spewtastic preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 08:10 AM

why.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:15 AM

You mention hand ranges but it's as if you haven't thought about them. How well does AQs fare against a guy with a pfr of 1.5? How's AKO against a 3-bet from the same guy after a guy with a pfr of 6 has raised? Not to mention that you won't get a lot of action from this guy postflop.