Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:16 AM

Default PL: Steal attempt with nut lo gone wrong

Before you criticize me too much for my play, remember they *both* check-raised me.

SB: seemed to start off playing solidly, lost a pot and started playing somewhat maniacally
UTG+1: Only one note, probably one of the strangest plays I've seen at PLO8 yet:
Check-raised for pot (check-raised to $10 after $2 bet) on Qc-6s-4d flop with AdKd3c3d (and lost, surprised surpise).

PLO8 $0.10/$0.25, Party, 8-way (irrelevant stacks deleted)
Stack sizes:
UTG+1: $9.91
Hero: $31.60
SB: $23.58

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.25, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.5, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.33</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $6.66</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $8.91</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>
Old 10-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: PL: Steal attempt with nut lo gone wrong

Hero?? Curses himself for not checking the turn. It’s been my experience that there is no value in bluffing the turn on a low board at this level. I might (depending on villains) value bet/bluff the nut low on the river if a scare card came and it was checked to me…
Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 PM

fold the flop
Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM

On a separate note -- with only 2 players to act behind you, one of whom is a poster, I would raise this hand pre-flop.